About SUDAPET Co. Ltd
Established in 1997, SUDAPET Co. Ltd is the national oil company
operating in the exploration, development, promotion and commercial production
of oil and gas in Sudan, and is a shareholder in all of Sudan’s hydrocarbon
concessions. It also has eight (8) specialized subsidiaries operating across
the oil and gas sector, from geophysical surveys to upstream services, project
management, training and manufacturing.
SUDAPET has grown from 5% to 100% ownership of operating blocks in
Sudan and focuses on maximizing its value through efficient exploration,
development, promotion and commercial production of oil and gas that enables
the protection and enhancement of the national interest.
Position Title: Purchasing Team Leader
Reporting to: Purchasing Section Head
Department: Contracts, Purchasing& Logistics
Location: SUDAPET Headquarters
SUDAPET Company Ltd is seeking qualified candidate to fill the following vacant position.
Scope and Basic Functions:
Plans, supervises and controls the purchasing activities for all company requirements for a wide range of technical and non-technical materials and services. Includes participating in determining procurement policies and programs and preparing detailed procedures to ensure the timely completion of related activities. Includes, directing and exercising overall supervision over tender procedures and the administration of resultant, order/contract award.
- Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related fields. Master degree and professional certificates are privileged.
- 8 years’ experience in procurement field within the oil/gas industry and/or related industry, of which at least 4 years must have been in a supervisory capacity. Experience of the legal/contracts requirements and terminologies (for example, legal language). Some experience of working in a multi cultural work environment.
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in use of modern computer software packages.
- Annual procurement activities expected to exceed 40 MM with the current operations scenarios and away beyond that if the operatorship scenario realized.
- Devises procurement work methods according to general directives, policies and specialized professional standards.
- Develops and recommends to department’s management, policies and procedures to manage the procurement activities.
- Resolves conflicts between end-users and Suppliers who provide services and materials to the Company.
- Work within constrained time and budget.
- Managing multiple tasks.
- Managing different personalities.
- Resolves issues with governmental bodies.
In line with SUDAPET policy for fair opportunities, Internal and external applicants should submit their CVs with full contacts information via e-mail address [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates should submit their applications on or before May 7th 2021.