|Organization:||Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)|
|Gross Salary:||USD 418|
ADRA Mission Statement
ADRA works with people in poverty and distress to create positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible actions.
ADRA Sudan’s Values
ADRA Sudan’s key values are:
- Respect to individuals without regard to their race, gender, culture, family background or belief system, especially the most vulnerable of society, such as women, children, elderly, poor, and people with special needs;
- Integrity and transparency in relationships with all persons, organizations, systems, and processes, including the ADRA network;
- Excellence in all activities.
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Using computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
- Support with completing employee’s monthly time sheets and submit it to Finance.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Anticipate the needs in order to ensure their smooth and positive experience.
- Translate document from to English and vice versa.
- Perform other duties when required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- University Degree in a field related to administration or NGO’s Management.
- Not more than 2 years of related work experience at INGOs.
- Excellent interpersonal character, good communication, and decision-maker, with team spirit notion.
- Strong documentable experience.
- Strong writing and editing skills; excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills and hands-on experience in MS Office(Words Excel. PowerPoint).
- Ambitious in terms of quality of work
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
- Ability to work as a team member
Equal Opportunity Statement
ADRA is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, upgrades, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment. This policy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
The Organization values people from diverse backgrounds, working to create an open atmosphere of trust, honesty, and respect. Harassment or discrimination of any kind — including that involving race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other similarly protected status — is unacceptable.
This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring placement, transfer, promotion, layoff, recall, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Being employed by the Adventist Development Relief Agency requires a personal commitment to its mission and lifestyle. The holder of this position will reflect in their personal and professional life the Organization’s values, as referred to in the ADRA Sudan Policy Handbook.
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency International is a humanitarian agency operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church for the purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. It was founded in 1956, and it is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland, United States of America.
What services does ADRA?
ADRA’s areas of expertise include Education, Emergencies, Food/nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Health, Refugees and IDPs, Shelter, Training and development, Water and sanitation, Women, Children, Monitoring and Evaluation, Programme management, and Security.
- Interested Candidates may scan and send a CV, ID, academic & experience certificates, and cover letters to the Humanitarian aid Commission HAC Labor office.
- Dead line for applications 10 days from the date of announcement (2021/8/28).
For jobs from ADRA visit: ADRA Jobs Page