|Gross Salary:||$ 1,524.89 – $ 2,211.19|
|Supervisor:||Senior Program Manager|
Finance Manager, MOMENTUM Integrated Health Resilience (MIHR) Sudan
CARE International in Sudan
CARE International is an organization driven by its mission to overcome poverty and social injustice. CARE International in Sudan is part of CARE International, whose vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. We are known everywhere for our unshakable commitment to the dignity of people. CARE and partners contribute to the empowerment of the most marginalized and vulnerable rural women and girls to exercise their rights.
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
This position is for the MOMENTUM Integrated Health Resilience Project (MIHR) in Sudan, implemented by CARE with IMA World Health and JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
MIHR works to strengthen the capacity and resilience of both community and health systems in focus countries to enable them to plan and implement health strategies that reach target populations while addressing the underlying determinants of poor health and the impacts of fragility. In Sudan, MIHR will work in the South Kordofan State to improve the availability, quality, and utilization of an essential package of MNCH and WASH services; improve the governance and accountability of health systems; and increase the adoption of healthy behaviors and demand for health services, with the goal of a more resilient health system that supports improved health outcomes.
The Finance Manager will collaborate with the Senior Program Manager, Chief of Party, and the technical team in budget planning and financial management and will manage financial tracking and oversight for MIHR, including grants and compliance, and donor reporting.
The Finance Manager is responsible for all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation compliance, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting for the project. S/he will ensure compliance with CARE internal policies and procedures as well as USAID donor regulations. The position reports to the Senior Program Manager.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee financial and follow up with Care operation team on operations management, including sub-awards, HR, administration, procurement, and IT
- Ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent, and spent in accordance with CARE policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations
- Collaborate with the Senior Program Manager, Chief of Party, and technical team in budget planning and financial management
- Ensure transparency, accountability and effective use of project resources and assets
- Ensure systems are streamlined between administration, HR, finance, procurement, and programs
- Lead the annual workplan budgeting exercises in collaboration with technical teams to ensure the activities are captured in the program budget and work plan
- Lead the completion and submission of the monthly field accounts reporting, including all the supporting documentation, to home office
- Prepare and submit timely requests for funds to home office to ensure the uninterrupted flow of funds to implement program activities
- Work along with CARE Finance Director to ensure the timely review and submission of all financial and operational reports to home office
- Lead in performing organizational capacity assessments and pre-award assessments for sub-awardees
- Monitor and ensure compliance of sub-awardees with program financial and contractual rules and regulations
- Manage and supervise all financial aspects of procurements to ensure compliance with procurement guidelines and procedures, and appropriate documentation
- Maintain a property and supplies management system and files for all program assets and supplies, including vehicles, in compliance with property management guidelines and procedures
- Provides leadership support for the successful implementation of and adherence to CARE HR policies and procedures and local labor laws
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports for the home office, MIHR team or USAID, as required
- Represent MIHR in meetings and communication with USAID and other high-level stakeholders as needed
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Post-graduate degree in business, accounting, finance, or a Bachelor’s degree and least 10 years of relevant experience to the position requirements.
- At least 7 years of experience in financial management for large complex projects, for which at least 4 years were working in an NGO setting
- Experience managing finance and operations on USAID projects
- Skilled in development and managing large budgets, experience with managing logistics for implementation of public health programs in fragile settings, and demonstrated in-depth knowledge of USAID and USG rules and regulations
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting software e.g. QuickBooks, and related computer applications especially Microsoft Office
- Supervisory experience especially with working with staff in multiple office locations.
- Possess excellent organizational, analytic, oral, and written communications skills as well as demonstrated supervisory experience
- Ability to work well in a team
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language
- Ability to travel within Sudan and internationally, as needed
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency of this vacancy, CARE reserves the right to fill this position prior to the closing date.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who fulfill the above requirements are requested to drop the CVs with cover letter, supporting documents and names, addresses, and contacts of three professional non-relative referees (one of the referees being a former or current supervisor) at: HAC Labour Office, Gamhoria St, Khartoum.