|Gross Salary:||Grade D, ($1,524.89 – $2,211.19)|
|Closing Date:||07 Sept 2021|
The job holder of this position is to reflect a country-wide leadership and support function in line with the commitments of the CIS mission. This will include a lot more comprehensive, organized central support function. This should be also done by exploring and introducing new and innovative methods and arrangements to facilitate efficiency and value for money in all aspects of procurement needs in various departments and offices. This requires closer coordination with all offices in procurement planning, supply chain analysis and market comparisons inside and outside the country, etc.
This post holder will be also playing a role in integrating partners’ capacity building in procurement processes, providing tailored guidance, manuals and tools as well as enhancing staff capacity to implement the same. The Procurement Manager (PM) He/ She is responsible to lead the procurement directions in accordance with CARE policies & procedures and TOR for procurement committee and final accountability for timely and quality delivery of all CIS’s operations to ensure timely and effective utilization of CIS’s resources for the benefit of targeted beneficiaries.
Also to ensure that appropriate procedures, processes, and control mechanisms are in place for the smooth running of the CARE International Sudan and that all procurement supports are provided without delay and as per the corporate policies and procedures of CIS. The PC will Team up with the Head of Operations and relevant team to develop the relevant working processes ensuring that the design and implementation of the relevant department interventions are taking place in a holistic and sustainable way and aligned with approved global policies./frameworks.
Provide guidance and support to the Country Office’s different departments and the relevant staff in the field when requires on issues pertaining to procurement. Ensuring CIS Sudan’s procurement policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
Participate in the department meetings for influencing policy, learning, and sharing good practices to improve administration work. Ensure there is a clear bidding process for all CARE Sudan services and materials/equipment and or furniture. Ensure that CARE Sudan CO purchasing committee is aware of CIS’s basic rules, regulations, and procedures for procurement and the procurement SOP.
Successful Applicants must have:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Management, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Economics or other related fields. Master degree is preferable.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in the administration, procurement, logistic and protection etc.
- Knowledge of contracting and policies and procedures of purchasing.
- Demonstrable knowledge as a result of study, training or practical experience on procurement both in humanitarian and development programmes.
- Knowledge of human resources, transformation and change management.
- Knowledge of the requirements of donor compliance on procurement.
- Knowledge of risk identification, analysing, management and mitigation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the teams.
- Ability to interact and work effectively with others at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to motivate and influence others.
- Computer proficiency – spread sheet and word processing computer application.
- Effective working with partners.
- Proven analytical skills in isolating priorities and tackling them effectively and efficiently.
About Care International
CARE is a major international humanitarian agency delivering emergency relief and long-term international development projects. Founded in 1945, CARE is nonsectarian, impartial, and non-governmental. It is one of the largest and oldest humanitarian aid organizations focused on fighting global poverty.
CARE is an organization driven by its mission to overcome poverty and social injustice. CARE International in Sudan is part of CARE International, whose vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. We are known everywhere for our unshakable commitment to the dignity of people. CARE and partners contribute to the empowerment of the most marginalized and vulnerable rural women and girls to exercise their rights.CIS is seeking a strategic, innovative, and problem-solving professional to take up an exciting challenge in the capacity of Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator who not only aligns with our values but also wants to make a difference, develop and inspire others, drive innovative ideas.
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
How To Apply
Interested candidates who fulfill the above requirements are requested to drop the CVs with cover letter, supporting documents and names, addresses, and contacts of three professional non-relative referees (one of the referees being a former or current supervisor)at HAC Labour office, st., Khartoum. in the period from 25th of August to 7th of September 2021.
For jobs from CARE visit: CARE Jobs Page