|Organization||Catholic Relief Services|
|Job Title:||Administrative Officer – Liaison|
|Gross Salary:||653 USD|
|Reports To:||Senior Operations Officer|
The Administrative Officer – Liaison will be responsible for the smooth relationship with HAC, Immigration, Labor Office and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and all other official and private bodies, including the transparent and timely processing of documents and papers as a major part of the administrative support for the CRS Emergency programs, besides the other tasks stated here in after:-
- Keeps tracking of CRS annual registration and other official requirements necessary to run the Organization activity in Sudan,
- Processes and obtains Work/Stay permits, Entry/Exit Visas for CRS international staff and regularly updates the concerned staff as to the status.
- Keeps and updates regularly the list of international staff in terms of visas (their validity and ensures timely renewal),
- Assist in the process of entry visas from Embassies in Sudan for International staff willing to travel to other countries and National staff participating in the external trainings,
- Assist in facilitating local Trainings with Human Resources,
- Assists in the arrival/departure of CRS staff at the airport, if necessary.
- Obtains domestic travel permits for international staff.
- Assists in contacting and coordinating with different NGOs, governmental, UN agencies and private institutions,
- Coordinate with program manager in obtaining the Technical Agreements endorsements from Feral and state HAC,
- Obtain concerned circular of GOS including public holidays,
- Represent CRS in all HAC Meetings of representatives and announced workshops of HAC.
- University Degree in Related Social Sciences
- Fluency in English Language
- Familiar with computer soft wares
- Experience not less than 3 years, 1 year preferably with INGOs
- Well-rounded experience in dealing with Government, and private agencies is a must.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Head of Programs, Deputy Head of Programs, Head of Office, MEAL Manager, Operations staff
External: CRS implementing partners; UN cluster leads and agencies; peer humanitarian agencies; local government and authorities.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is the international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States.
What do the Catholic Relief Services do?
Catholic Relief Services is a manifestation of love for our brothers and sisters around the globe by the Catholic community of the United States. We protect, defend and advance human life around the world by directly meeting basic needs and advocating solutions to injustice.
Headquarters: Baltimore, MD
Baltimore is a major city in Maryland with a long history as an important seaport. Fort McHenry, the birthplace of the U.S. national anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner,” sits at the mouth of Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.
Founder: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
How to Apply
Those who are interested in the position are requested to submit all applications with a Covering letter and copies of certificates attached with your C.V to The Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) Labor Office in Khartoum – Gemhoria Street Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.