|Organization||Catholic Relief Services|
|Job Title:||Information, Communications, and Technology Officer (ICT)|
|Gross Salary:||1,257 USD|
|Contract Duration:||2 Years|
|Reports To:||Operations Manager|
|Country/Location:||Khartoum, Sudan, with potential field visits|
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding
You will coordinate and deliver various ICT and ICT4D (ICT) related services in accordance with established agency ICT policies, procedures, and service standards to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will provide responsible, professional service and technical support to CRS staff and partners to ensure efficient operation and use of CRS information sharing, communication, and collaboration technologies.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Deploy, configure, and maintain ICT systems and databases, including networks, servers, and telecommunications. Troubleshoot and address issues to ensure optimal performance.
- Configure and maintain applications and user devices. Provide timely and quality service delivery, technical support, and advice to user requests to ensure proper user access to agency business data and information.
- Maintain inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, and software and ensure adequate supply and functionality, in collaboration with relevant staff. Provide input to budget for ICT related expenses.
- Coordinate relationships with suppliers to facilitate delivery of ICT-related services that meet CRS business requirements and needs.
- Partner with program staff to support integration and evolution of digital solutions in improving program implementation. Support building capacity of program staff by supporting use and integration of digital data collection tools with ICT4D solutions (i.e. Red Rose, CommCare, Power BI and ArcGIS) to facilitate and track participant registration and in-kind, cash or voucher assistance distributions.
- Prepare statistical reports on ICT-related data and metrics. As needed, implement measures to ensure required standards are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems) required. Significant work experience in a directly related field combined with appropriate training/certificates may substitute for degree.
- Desired certifications include Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent, Microsoft SharePoint Foundations or equivalent and ITIL Foundation Certified.
- Minimum of three years work experience in a position with similar responsibilities.
- Experience in introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and data management tools.
Required Languages – List languages required to perform the job
Travel – include a percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to X %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good relationship management skills. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally with a strong client-service focus.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
- Strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture, make sound decisions, and offer non-standard solutions.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Basic understanding of business analysis concepts and best practice.
- Demonstrated experience building ICT capacity with professional staff.
- Demonstrated capacity in management of network/server software and hardware devices and platforms.
- Grasp of complex network, security, mobile, desktop, server, telephony, backup, application and database technologies.
- Experience with ITSM and systems management tools preferred.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Key Working Relationships:
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people. especially children and vulnerable adults to live free from abuse and harm. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply If interested and have the qualifications required, please submit all applications with a Covering letter and copies of certificates attached with your Resume to: The Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) Labor Office in Khartoum – Gemhoria Street Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Catholic Relief Services
Catholic Relief Services is the international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States.
What do the Catholic Relief Services do?
Catholic Relief Services is a manifestation of love for our brothers and sisters around the globe by the Catholic community of the United States. We protect, defend and advance human life around the world by directly meeting basic needs and advocating solutions to injustice.
Headquarters: Baltimore, MD
Baltimore is a major city in Maryland with a long history as an important seaport. Fort McHenry, birthplace of the U.S. national anthem, “The Star-Spangled Banner,” sits at the mouth of Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.
Founder: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
How to Apply
Those who are interested in the position are requested to submit all applications with a Covering letter and copies of certificates attached with your C.V to The Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) Labor Office in Khartoum – Gemhoria Street Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.