Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is looking for a ” program Coordinator – Sudan _ National
In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial, and independent international humanitarian organization, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non -state actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for program design and implementation at the country level.
Responsible for program implementation at country level
- Design adapted program strategy at country level for ANSA’s and Communities engagement per GC guidelines.
- Supervise and overview the implementation of GC program in Sudan to ensure that the objectives of Geneva Call’s operational and country strategy are well implemented.
- Map and develop access strategy for relevant ANSAs to engage directly or with local partners.
- Propose clear engagement opportunities to the Sudan Country Director
- Ensure the appropriate design, implement, monitoring, monitoring, review, and evaluation of Geneva Call’s country operation in Sudan, in line with Geneva Call programmatic guidelines with a focus on planning and results.
Program budget monitoring
- Ensuring that program expenditure is in line with the budgets.
- Map and participate to relevant protection coordination mechanisms (clusters) and develop network.
- Participate when relevant to events and workshops around ANSA engagement and protection work.
- Develop and manage a team project officer in the country safe and efficient project delivery.
- Ensure programme implementation is aligned with internal standards and donors rules.
- A relevant master’s degree.
- Experience in project cycle management.
- Willingness and ability to travel at short notice.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in a humanitarian organization working in conflict areas in the protection field and engagement with armed actors (ANSAs, other armed actors) including UN managing teams of at least 2 people.
- Solid project management sills related to organizational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results.
- Excellent dispute resolution, facilitation and team building skills.
- Substantial knowledge of international development systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices .
- Ability to work under pressure and in conflict ◻️affected setting, and handle numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Understanding of International Humanitarian Law is an asset.
- English (C1-C2)
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment. Developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Communications skills (both written and verbal) at a level appropriate for high-level external representation and ability to tailor communications to different audiences.
- Skills with experience of negotiation with weapon bearers and other stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
All Geneva Call employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: humanity, impartiality, accountability, dedication, and respect. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
The employee will accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the Geneva Call Performance Management guidelines. The following document will be used for performance reviews:
- Job Description
- Action plan
- Performance Review Template
Position: Program Coordinator -Sudan
Preferred start date: September 2021
To apply, please send your cover letter CV, work certificate /recommendation letter, and diploma in PDF format to [email protected], Ref: “Support Coordinator – Sudan” no later than September 1, 2021.
About Geneva Call
Geneva Call is a non-governmental organization based in Geneva, Switzerland. It is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict, working towards the elimination of gender discrimination, and building armed non-State actors’ knowledge and implementation of broad International Humanitarian Law (IHL) rules.
Since 2015 it has been studying the protection of cultural heritage in conflicts involving armed non-state actors (ANSAs), which comprise the majority of current armed conflicts worldwide.
In 2018, Geneva Call started engaging ANSAs on the thematics of displacement and medical care.
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
For jobs from Geneva Call visit: Geneva Call Jobs Page