Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is looking for a ” Support Coordinator – Sudan _ National
In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial, and independent international humanitarian organization, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non -state actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- Ensure the efficient management of finance and support services for Geneva Call in Sudan, including Logistics, Finance, Human Resources and Administration.
- Provide strategic oversight of the support services department in Sudan, ensuring that best practice is being implemented.
- Lead the support services departments on system/process innovation and standardization to ensure transparency, accountability and a robust system of internal control.
- Review performance of support services departments in Sudan against Geneva Call policy, including spot checks/internal audits of the various departments as necessary.
- Ensure good communication and coordination between support and operational teams, ensuring administrative systems and procedures effectively support operations.
- Support the Sudan Country Director and program Coordinator to ensure that Geneva Call meets all Sudanese legal requirements, and program support.
- Support the CD and Country program in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of annual business/project plans, budgets and forecasts.
- Produce monitoring of annual Budget vs. Actual reports, present these to GC country management, highlighting potential issues with current projects, and propose mitigating strategies.
- Identify and report on financial trends, working collaboratively with the country management to produce options/scenarios/corrective action plans that ensure ongoing financial stability for the Country Program.
- Produce donor format budgets and budget narratives, as well as donor financial reports for review and submission.
- Ensure compliance with Geneva Call and Donor policies.
- Ensure all safety and security communications, transports, and housing material and equipment is available and properly functioning.
- Ensure a proper filing system of both HR contracts, accountancy and premises & services contracts.
- Elaborate and update a contract management table.
- Work within the framework of Geneva Call’s core values, promoting its ethos and mission statement.
- Work towards achieving programme and /or department business plan objectives.
- Ensure familiarity with and adhere to all Geneva Call policies and procedures.
- Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programmes.
- Undertake role in development countries and areas in conflict where standards of living may be basic.
- Undertake role in a manner appropriate to the cultural context and within the local legal framework.
- Understand and uphold the standards outlined in Geneva Call’s safeguarding Framework. Acting with due care and attention to safeguard the wellbeing of anyone that comes into contact with Geneva Call’s work and reporting concerns if they do arise.
- Demonstrable experience working overseas, preferably in International Aid and development with a Humanitarian Agency in a developing country.
- Experience of developing, implementing and using logistics and administrative systems and procedures.
- Development of new business proposal budgets in competitive environments.
- Experience of overseeing complex financial planning, monitoring, forecasting and reporting in an overseas environment.
- Excellent people management experience with proven ability to lead and manage national staff.
- Effective financial management skills including complex financial scenario planning.
- Project and program costing.
- Good understanding of financial risk management approaches.
- Production of high-quality financial reporting and analysis.
- Arabic is obligatory
- English (C1-C2)
- French is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment. Developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) at a level appropriate for high level external representation and ability to tailor communications to different audiences.
- Interpersonal skills with experience of negotiation with weapon bearers and other stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Willingness and ability to travel at short notice.
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
All Geneva Call employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: humanity, impartiality, accountability, dedication, and respect. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
The employee will accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the Geneva Call performance Management guidelines. The following document will be used for performance reviews:
- Job Description
- Action plan
- Performance Review Template
Position: Support Coordinator -Sudan
Preferred start date: September 2021
To apply, please send your cover letter CV, work certificate /recommendation letter, and diploma in PDF format to [email protected], Ref: “Support Coordinator – Sudan” no later than September 1st, 2021.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.
About Geneva Call
Geneva Call is a non-governmental organization based in Geneva, Switzerland. It is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict, working towards the elimination of gender discrimination, and building armed non-State actors’ knowledge and implementation of broad International Humanitarian Law (IHL) rules.
Since 2015 it has been studying the protection of cultural heritage in conflicts involving armed non-state actors (ANSAs), which comprise the majority of current armed conflicts worldwide.
In 2018, Geneva Call started engaging ANSAs on the thematics of displacement and medical care.
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
For jobs from Geneva Call visit: Geneva Call Jobs Page