|Job Title:||Finance officer|
|Reports to:||Finance Manager based in Kadugli|
|Length of Contract:||One Year Renewable, with a three-month probation period|
|Salary Grade / Step:||Grade 4, Gross Monthly salary – 702 USD|
General Background of the programme
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL has been working in Sudan since 1985, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, and livelihoods, water, and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare, and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery, and humanitarian responses programs by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
GOAL is currently working directly in North Darfur and the South Kordofan States, managed by GOAL offices in these states and in Khartoum. The current GOAL programs focus on four main sectors: Primary Health Care, Nutrition, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL).
DESCRIPTION OF SOUTH KORDOFAN PROGRAMME:
GOAL has been operational in South Kordofan since 2015 with an initial project in NFI distribution and funding now to implement, through partners, a Health and WASH program in Dillange and Dalami Localities.
General Description Role
To keep safe custody of Elfasher office cash and process all payments and ensure they are properly authorized, backed up, disbursed, and recorded in accordance with GOAL’s policies and procedures (as defined in the GOAL finance manual) and Sudan’s laws and regulations.
- Understand and apply the standard GOAL finance procedures and polices per the Finance Manual
- Ensure All payments and receipts are appropriately documented, ie :
- Use the appropriate form (eg, payment Request Form)
- Check calculations and description of purchase, name of payee etc.
- State the correct account code, cost center and donor code
- authorized by appropriate budget holder and senior management
- the audit check boxes are completed
- all supporting procurements documents are attached (to PRF)
- payment is only made on a final tax stamped invoice
- the cash payment is issued only to payee named on PRF and ensure payee signs PRF for receipt of payment
- Travel to Kutum, Umbaro and Seref Umera and provide active and timely assistance in related with finance departments to the team and partners in the field.
the correct full budget codes are included on the forms. Ensure adequate support documents are attached included proper invoice and any necessary procurement forms (ie, OQRF, purchase Order or Contract, Goods Delivery Note, etc)
- To ensure that Donor Compliance is being adhered to .
- Any other tasks required by the Financial controller/Area Coordinator.
- To keep the Finance controller up to date on all activities and any difficulties that may arise .
- To work at all times in a manner that promotes teamwork within GOAL and assists in the achievement of GOAL’s programme aims.
- Perform any other duties as instructed by Finance Controller or country Director.
- always Attempt to maintain GOAL’s good reputation through your work
Essential Qualities :
- Good organizational and planning /prioritising skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and individually.
- Work experience in a busy , changing environment
- Computer skills including Excel, word, accounting software SAGE and Outlook .
- Excellent written and spoken English and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the achievement of GOAL’s programme aims.
- University Degree in Accounting and/or Finance related subject
- Minimum five years post qualified experience.
- Experience in GOAL or a similar NGO as a Finance Manager is preferable , especially experience with institutional donors .
E.g. IA, OFDA, ECHO, DfID
- Work experience in a busy , changing environment
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multinational country team
This job description is not incorporated in the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct, Safeguarding, and child protection policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of program participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies and other GOAL and Donor policies.
GOAL’s Conflict of Interest Policy applies to all recruitment processes. Staff will be required to declare Conflict of Interest during the process.
Note: If you have any serious concern over wrong doing please report it at www.safecall.co.uk/ report or email [email protected] All information is treated confidentially by Safecall and you may remain anonymous if you wish
How to Apply ?
Interested applicants should submit their applications and credentials to the labour office HAC Al jamahiriya Street.
Application after 21st August will not be considered.
When was goal founded?
1977GOAL was established in 1977 by Dublin sports journalist John O’Shea and four friends. Deeply moved by the plight of street children they encountered on a trip to Kolkata (Calcutta), India, they decided to set up an aid organization dedicated to helping the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people.
Is goal a charity?
Fundraising from the public
In addition, GOAL is a member of the Charities Institute of Ireland and registered with the Irish Charity Regulator and UK Fundraising Regulator.
GOAL is an international humanitarian response agency with its headquarters in Dublin, Ireland with offices in 13 countries around the world.
For jobs from GOAL Ireland visit: GOAL Ireland Jobs Page