|Job Title:||IT Coordinator|
|Job Location:||Khartoum, Sudan|
|Reports to:||Systems Director, Khartoum|
|Length of Contract:||One Year Renewable, with a three-month probation period|
|Salary Grade / Step:||Grade 8, Gross Monthly Salary USD 1503|
General Background of the Programme
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL has been working in Sudan since 1985, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, and livelihoods, water, and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare, and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery, and humanitarian responses programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
GOAL is currently working directly in North Darfur and South Kordofan States, managed by GOAL offices in these states and in Khartoum. The current GOAL programmes focus on four main sectors: Primary Health Care, Nutrition, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL).
General Description of the Role
The IT Coordinator shall lead, manage, supervise, operate, and ensure continual improvement of the information technology services in GOAL Sudan Country program.
The Incumbent will:
- Facilitate achievement of the goals of the GOAL Sudan development and Business Delivery Model regarding both program and operational activities by ensuring a well – managed, robust, efficient, innovative and high available IT services.
- Ensure delivery of high-quality IT services and enable achieve organizational satisfaction.
- Ensure that IT infrastructure are always aligned with GAOL Global guidelines and process need in country office and field offices.
- Ensure high team spirit and motivation within the country IT Team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the ACDS, the Information Technology Coordinator will:
- Work closely with area coordinator in North Darfur and South Kordofan and other program staff, both Khartoum and field based, to develop overall strategy for ensuring optimal use and support of IT resources, both human and physical, in GOAL field offices.
- Oversees the overall IT Infrastructure and services in Country office and attached field offices.
- Supervise and lead the IT team in GOAL Sudan Program.
- Provide high level technical and coordination support to cater for speedy resolution of complex incidents and problems related to connectivity, applications access and unified communication services.
- Serve as a key IT Country point of contract for issues, service needs and delivery as well as act as in interface with corporate IT services team in Head Quarter.
- Directly involve in maintenance and implementation of complex IT infrastructure component in Khartoum office and attached field offices.
- Carry out regular need assessment and ensure the IT services always respond to GOAL business need.
- Review and validate technical terms of reference and ensure that specific requirements are defined during procurement of IT services and goods.
- Provide inputs and validate procurement plan for IT services and goods.
- Participate in the IT strategy of GOAL Sudan program.
- Ensure that IT resources are always available in Khartoum office and field offices.
- Ensure that IT standard and policies in Khartoum and field offices are aligned with corporate one, and they are properly enforced, and computer / IT devices users are trained to understand these policies and standards.
- Maintain strong relationship with external IT services providers and partners.
- Verify and confirm all work performed by 3rd parties in the Khartoum office and field offices; record and report non-performance accordingly.
- Monitor service performance for critical infrastructure service.
- Co -lead all ICT projects that are deployed in the country program and ensure that necessary communication and protocol are observed.
- Prepare IT related annual work plan and relevant budget.
- Contribute to the country communication strategy and produce regular reports regarding the performance of the IT Services and highlighted deviations, propose and implement improvement plan and methods.
- Identify skill gap and training requirements; plan and execute.
- Conduct internal IT service audits and user’s satisfaction survey and communicate results to SMT.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Master degree in IT, Electrical, communication Engineering, Computer Science and other related fields.
- Minimum 7 years of working in design, implementation and operational management of ICT.
- Proven experience in implementing, managing and operating ICT.
- Excellent knowledge of it in infrastructure, business, and Applications.
- Experience in providing good technical team leadership.
- Ability to respond technical and business issues and solution.
- Focussed on delivering operational stability for customers, results driven.
- Sound skill in planning, designing, implementing and managing ICT.
- Leadership and supervision skills.
- Positive attitude among staff toward technology utilization.
- Team building and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Practical problem solver who adapts IT Business tools to diverse operating needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and Oral) in English
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS, and SAP.
You can apply to the internship from SAP Young Professionals Program 2021
How to Apply
This job description is not incorporated in the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct, Safeguarding, and Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies and other GOAL and Donor policies.
GOAL’s Conflict of Interest Policy applies to all recruitment processes. Staff will be required to declare Conflict of Interest during the process.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change, revise, omit, and add in part /in whole this document any time without giving any reason thereof.
Interested applicants should submit their applications and credentials to the labour office at HAC in Al Jamhoriya Street.
When was goal founded?
1977GOAL was established in 1977 by Dublin sports journalist John O’Shea and four friends. Deeply moved by the plight of street children they encountered on a trip to Kolkata (Calcutta), India, they decided to set up an aid organization dedicated to helping the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people.
Is goal a charity?
Fundraising from the public
In addition, GOAL is a member of the Charities Institute of Ireland and registered with the Irish Charity Regulator and UK Fundraising Regulator.
GOAL is an international humanitarian response agency with its headquarters in Dublin, Ireland with offices in 13 countries around the world.
For jobs from GOAL Ireland visit: GOAL Ireland Jobs Page