|Job Title:||Procurement Officer|
|Job Location:||Dilling – South Kordofan|
|Reports to:||Procurement Manager Based in Dilling|
|Length of Contract:||One Year Renewable, with a three-month probation period|
|Salary Grade / Step:||Grade 4, Gross Monthly Salary – USD 702|
General Background of the programme
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL has been working in Sudan since 1985, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, and livelihoods, water, and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare, and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery, and humanitarian responses programs by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
GOAL is currently working directly in North Darfur and the South Kordofan States, managed by GOAL offices in these states and in Khartoum. The current GOAL programs focus on four main sectors: Primary Health Care, Nutrition, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL).
General Description Role :
The procurement officer, reports to the procurement Manager.S/he will provide procurement to El-Fasher field and sub-offices including the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies, management of facilities, and supply inventory.
S/he ensures adherence to standard procurement policies, processes, and procedures of GOAL, and, contributes to the continuous improvement of the services and support provided by the Operations Unit.
- Identify the procurement needs of Units and Projects (procurement plans derived from Detailed Implementation Plan);
- Support the line manager in the review and monitoring of purchase requests and purchase orders; negotiate and award contracts, monitor contractor/supplier performance, and make timely follow-up for invoices and processing of payment requests;
- Identify process bottlenecks and recommend solutions to the Procurement Manager; coordinate with Logistics Unit as necessary;
- Monitor that all vendors/suppliers are thoroughly vetted and do not contradict to GOALS’s values and principles and policies;’
- Maintain complete documentation of bids received, vetting results and awards;
- Develop and maintain go-to catalogs for products and services required by the El-Fasher Office and sub-offices, and update and disseminate on a bi-annual basis;
- Supervise the quality/quantity of goods/services rendered by vendors and ensure consistency with established Purchase Order, agreements/contracts;
- Maintain a vendor/supplier database, ensure complete and updated information, and monitor contract values received by each vendor/supplier annually for contract negotiation/renewal, and as reference for future transactions.
Other duties as assigned
Perform any other duties that relate to procurement as requested by the Area Coordinator
- Bachelors’ Degree in Management/ Accounting. A graduate of any other course or vocational course – may be considered if s/he has the experience and competency requirements of the role
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in procurement and general services support
- Familiarity with standard procurement policies and processes
- Ability to write reports, support implementation of policies
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Good oral, written, and presentation skills
This job description is not incorporated in the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in the light of strategic developments and following discussion with the post holder.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct, Safeguarding, and child protection policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of program participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies and other GOAL and Donor policies.
GOAL’s Conflict of Interest Policy applies to all recruitment processes. Staff will be required to declare Conflict of Interest during the process.
Note: If you have any serious concern over wrong doing please report it at www.safecall.co.uk/ report or email [email protected] All information is treated confidentially by Safecall and you may remain anonymous if you wish
How to Apply ?
Interested applicants should submit their applications and credentials to the labour office HAC Al jamahiriya Street.
Application after 21st August will not be considered.
When was goal founded?
1977GOAL was established in 1977 by Dublin sports journalist John O’Shea and four friends. Deeply moved by the plight of street children they encountered on a trip to Kolkata (Calcutta), India, they decided to set up an aid organization dedicated to helping the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people.
Is goal a charity?
Fundraising from the public
In addition, GOAL is a member of the Charities Institute of Ireland and registered with the Irish Charity Regulator and UK Fundraising Regulator.
GOAL is an international humanitarian response agency with its headquarters in Dublin, Ireland with offices in 13 countries around the world.
For jobs from GOAL Ireland visit: GOAL Ireland Jobs Page