|Organization||The International Rescue Committee (IRC)|
|Job Title||Finance Officer|
|Duty Station||Khartoum, Sudan|
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world-leading non-profit humanitarian organization providing relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services, and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression.
The Finance Officer – Khartoum office performs the day-to-day finance operations. He/she works with the Field Coordinator and Finance Office in Khartoum in the maintenance and oversight of the accounting operations to ensure that all financial operations in the Khartoum office are performed in accordance with IRC and country office policy and procedures. The position is based in Khartoum f with travel to program locations inside Sudan.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Allocate all staff cost according to their time sheets, as well as, all shared program cost to the grants according to the monthly cost allocation percentages.
- Manage all aspects of day to day treasury and accounting functions of the department.
- Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems.
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back up.
- Conduct a time sheet audit for country office from time to time.
Data Entry / Accounting Records
- Review expenditure spreadsheet and submit to the Finance Manager/Deputy Director Finance
- Maintain subsidiary ledgers for advances, receivables and payables
- Verify completeness and accuracy of all accounting documents.
- Execute a weekly back-up of all financial ledgers on every last business day of the week
- Postings in Sun system and assist Finance Manager prepare monthly finance report (SAF File) for HQ.
Payroll and Taxes
- Assist with the review the Khartoum f based national staff payroll prepared by HR, for calculation accuracy and completeness.
- Record the national payroll; ensure standard financial controls are maintained and that all payments are accurate and legitimate
- Ensure proper tax grades are used and all payments to Income and Sales Tax Department are accurate and legitimate
- Prepare required tax reports to Tax authorities.
- Process cash withdrawals from the bank and ensure timely bank payments
- Liaise with bank officials in order to ensure uninterrupted bank services
- Obtain monthly bank statements in the first week of the following month for all bank accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation schedules.
Cash Operations / Preparation of Vouchers
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursement, exchanges, receipts and transfers
- Inform Finance Manager/Deputy Director Finance of all discrepancies
- Ensure that cash payments are reduced as much as possible
- Assist the Finance Manager/Deputy Director Finance in responding to internal and/or external audit requests
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation reports
- Assist the Finance Manager/Deputy Director Finance in donor reports preparation.
- Review all Purchase Orders and Purchase Requests for proper coding and budget adequacy
- Liaison with Supply Chain, Administration and Program.
Minimum Qualification, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Advance Diploma in Accounting from recognized College/Institution
- Minimum of three years of finance or accounting experience
- Computer literate with significant experience in MS. Office, accounting package knowledge (SUN system & ERP) will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience with International NGOs and/or USAID projects is highly desirable.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Very good in English and Arabic
Ability to prioritize among multiple tasks and make decisions.
Policy compliance – IRC way policies
- Ensure any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct are reported to technical coordinator or other member of IRC team. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all IRC employees, including temporary hires and consultants.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Ensuring confidentiality in the case of disclosures of abuse or violence, and showing respect and sensitivity to community members at all times.
- Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of IRC acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & copy of educational and experience certificates to the HAC Labour office, Khartoum.
For jobs from The International Rescue Committee visit: IRC Jobs Page
For more Jobs from HAC visit: HAC Jobs Page