|Organization||Doctors Without Borders|
|Location||Khartoum with field visits|
|Reports to (Hierarchical)||Logistics Manager /Logistics Coordinator|
|Reports to (Functional)||Logistics Manager /Logistics Coordinator|
|Job Family||Logistics and Supply|
|Deadline for the application||10/10/2021|
Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards…) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Plans vehicle movements and driver follow ups of leave schedules and duty rosters.
- Follows up individual travel, applying the security framework
- Checks that radio and communication procedures are followed correctly.
- Logistics management of the premises:
- Checks cleanliness of different open spaces (gardens, courtyards, etc.)
- Checks that domestic waste is disposed of correctly in the different facilities and waste treatment installations are properly maintained in the case of capital ensure good connection is established with the municipality for waste collection form different facilities.
Maintenance of MSF’s premises and infrastructures
- Ensures the maintenance of all MSF Capital premises (office, houses, stores, garage, etc.) and checks on the general state of facilities (walls, roofs, electrical installations, water supply and quality…)
- Carries out regular visits to each facility, evaluates rehabilitation and repair needs, reporting any problems to the line manager
- Follows up minor building rehabilitation work
- Checks the conformity of security norms in MSF premises
Maintenance of MSF’s equipment
- Makes and updates inventories of investments in equipment related to energy, cold chain, furniture and all other appliances in all MSSF premises.
- Checks the quality work carried out on generators and electrical installations Follows up with the Deputy Logistics Coordinator the renewal of all mission vehicles insurance and license
- Keep work area clean and tidy (The Office) Equipment
- Look after all equipment provided.
- Ensure correct use of all material
- Monitor the transfer of equipment’s from Khartoum to other projects and ensure that all movements are recorded in the marmotta.
- Follow up the maintenance of all the equipment’s of the base and the ones sent from the field.
Security and Safety
- Make sure the safety requirements are in place in MSF premises in the capital
- Ensure that line manager is receiving monthly update report
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Essential Secondary Education
Desirable experience with other NGOs
Mission language essential; local language desirable
Computer literacy and radio equipment user-knowledge
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Service Orientation L1
- Stress Management L2
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & copy of educational and experience certificates to HAC Labour office, Khartoum
- Qualified women encourage to apply
Opening date: 30/09/2021 – Closing date: 14/10/2021
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières – Switzerland (MSF-Switzerland) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides emergency medical assistance to populations in danger. The Head Office is located in Geneva. The priority of MSF is to assure access to health care for the most vulnerable people. MSF is also specialized in emergency interventions in case of conflicts, disasters, and epidemics. Thanks to its important technical means, MSF can play an important role in the research and operational development of solutions for public health problems, helped by its presence on the sites.
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
For jobs from Doctors Without Borders visit: MSF Jobs Page