Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF Switzerland ) Switzerland is an international non-governmental organization working in the field of medical care in Sudan. We are looking for a qualified candidate to fill in the position of:
Infection Prevention And Control (IPC) Supervisor
|Organization||Doctors Without Borders|
|Work location:||East Darfur, Kario Refugee Camp|
|Deadline for the application||30/09/2021|
Scope of Responsibilities:
Implementing and supervising an infection control program in a project or health facility, according to MSF protocols, safety, and IPC measures, to ensure the quality of care and safety of patients, caretakers, and staff.
- In collaboration with each service activity supervisor, maintaining and supporting the day to day implementation by the departmental supervisors of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including sterilization, laundry, residential rooms, clinic, laboratory, and kitchen, and providing technical supervision, training, and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance.
- Implementing and monitoring adherence to additional precautions for air, droplet, and contact transmissible diseases when indicated. Based on a given patient diagnosis, evaluating the need and supporting the implementation, if needed, for additional precautions in collaboration with the medical team and act accordingly
- Supporting in the implementation as planned, the correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ inside the health facility and residential area. Ensuring that environmental standards and administrative measures in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of handwashing stations, etc.) and together with the NAM and PMR/PC ensure that the essential requirements are available in all departments within the orphanage.
- Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants, and detergents, through training and audits.
- Checking the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment, including cleaning materials and equipment, PPE, etc.
- As a member of the Hygiene and Sanitation Control Committee, participating actively in the lively and proactive tenue of meetings, supporting the development and following up the Hygiene Sanitation Control Action Plan.
- Support the teams and participating in the associated HR processes (e.g. training, coaching, and communication) to ensure the amount of knowledge required.
- Reporting any irregularities to NAM or supervisors or PMR and producing reports with information recommendations for the monthly medical reporting
- Essential: Nurse or midwife (or equivalent) diploma EPI/ pharmacist diplomas
- Preferable Previous working experince working with MSF or other NGOs
- Experience in OT, Intensive Care Unit is an asset
The English language is essential, while the Arabic language is desirable
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, and internet)
Applications must be in the English language and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas.
- Updated contact details (candidate’s phone number and a backup phone number)
- Sudanese National ID. Copy of Labor card and civil certificate.
The application should be submitted before 30 of September 2021 in a sealed envelope mentioning “MSF Switzerland – application for IPC supervisor” to Labour office, Ed Daein. Applications that are incomplete or submitted after the mentiond above date will not be considerd
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières – Switzerland (MSF-Switzerland) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides emergency medical assistance to populations in danger. The Head Office is located in Geneva. The priority of MSF is to assure access to health care for the most vulnerable people. MSF is also specialized in emergency interventions in case of conflicts, disasters and epidemics. Thanks to its important technical means, MSF can play an important role in the research and operational development of solutions for public health problems, helped by its presence on the sites.
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
For jobs from Doctors Without Borders visit: MSF Jobs Page