Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF Switzerland) Switzerland is an international non-governmental organization working in the field of medical care in Sudan. We are looking for a qualified candidate to fill in the position of:
Medical Doctor 2 Positions
|Organization||Doctors Without Borders|
|Work location:||East Darfur, Kario Refugee Camp|
|Deadline for the application||27/09/2021|
Scope of responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
Medical Doctor diploma Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine.
2 years experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in general medicine, minor surgery, trauma, and emergency medicine.
Fluency in Arabic and English.
Applications must be in English language and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- Sudanese Nationality certificate .
The application should be submitted before 30 of September 2021 in a sealed envelope mentioning “MSF Switzerland – application for IPC supervisor” to Labour office, Ed Daein. Applications that are incomplete or submitted after the mentiond above date will not be considerd
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières – Switzerland (MSF-Switzerland) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides emergency medical assistance to populations in danger. The Head Office is located in Geneva. The priority of MSF is to assure access to health care for the most vulnerable people. MSF is also specialized in emergency interventions in case of conflicts, disasters and epidemics. Thanks to its important technical means, MSF can play an important role in the research and operational development of solutions for public health problems, helped by its presence on the sites.
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
For jobs from Doctors Without Borders visit: MSF Jobs Page