|Organization||Doctors Without Borders|
|Location||Khartoum with field visits|
|Reports to (Hierarchical)||Human Resources Coordinator|
|Reports to (Functional)||Human Resources Coordinator|
|Supervises (Function):||Capital Adminisatraion Assistant|
|Location:||Khartoum with fields visits|
|Deadline for the application||12/10/2021|
Is responsible for ensuring that MSF is a Responsible employer in the mission, supports proper management of HR
across the board and assumes full responsibility for all Administrative and legal issues in the Mission.
- Know labour legislation in force in mission country; keep her/himself informed of any amendment made in labour legislation by regularly checking legislation sources and/or regularly meeting with lawyer, other local authorities at this level;
- Know all MSF policies, procedures, tools, standards and principles regarding all staff’ (national, international, regional, etc.) working conditions, benefits and remuneration, job profiles and function grids, health coverage, etc., adapts them to the Mission reality and ensures an equitable, efficient, transparent, fair and accountable implementation by all relevant staff throughout the Mission.
- Is responsible for the proper implementation and follow up of internal regulations and terms of employment contracts of all national staff, ensuring that all staff is employed in the frame of fair labour conditions, and according to local legislation, MSF HR vision, values and principles.
- In close collaboration with HRCo, ensures regular administrative meetings with all staff throughout the mission take place in order to ensure they are aware and respect their rights and duties and to inform them of any change in Labour legislation and general employment framework which may affect them (i.e. legal amendments, changes in local practices, new HR-Admin policies or procedures, amendments to Internal Regulations, etc.).
- Is responsible to ensure that all functions and job profiles at Mission level meet with the Mission’s function grid approved by HQ and are aligned with MSF Standard Job Profiles and Function Grid, and that any new function or amendment to an
- existing one (including significant changes in responsibilities and/or mixing existing functions) are requested in advance to HRCo and HRO/REHUCO for previous validation by HQ. Identifies deviations and shares them with HRCo in order to draw an action plan in case corrections are needed/convenient.
- Is responsible to ensure that National Staff remuneration (salary, post adjustments, compensations, final settlements, etc,) and benefits (holidays, leaves, social coverage, health coverage, etc.) meet with the Mission’s salary grid validated by HQ, Internal Regulations and HR policies, ensuring MSF acts as a responsible employer at any time.
- In close coordination with the Financial Coordinator, ensures fulfillment of national legislation regarding employees’ taxes and social security at Mission level, checks that monthly declaration forms for taxes and employee/employer social security contributions are correct and sends them to the Financial Department.
- Informs HRCo in case a legal risk is detected within her/his area of responsibilities and suggests actions to take in order to prevent it. Follows up employees’ claims and keeps HRCo informed at any time.
- Ensure that MSF, as an employer, as well as all MSF employees comply with safety and risk prevention measures as stated by local legislation and/or MSF standard policies and procedures.
- Ensure an efficient filing system (physical and electronic files) of all administrative files at Mission level, granting strict confidentiality of employees’ personal files and other administrative private documents upon request of HRCo, and ensuring preparedness in case of evacuation.
- Upon request of the HRCo, maintain regular contact with ministries, national administrations, other MSF sections and other NGOs to improve/keep up to date with administrative practices.
- Knows Homère in depth and ensures a proper parameterization, use of the system and quality of data throughout the Mission, being her/himself the Missions’ technical reference in absence of a person specifically in charge of the system.
- Ensure, in close collaboration with HRCo and Logistics department, that all international and internal movements in the Mission are properly managed (visas, tickets, per diem when necessary, dates of arrival/departure, etc.), and ensures proper accommodation conditions (i.e. room, food, etc.) by informing all relevant people/departments.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Undertake regular evaluation of the staff under his/her direct supervision if any
- Ensures accurate diffusion of information to all staff under his/her supervision
- Ensures that all HR and administration staff promotes and maintain confidentiality regarding human resources and administration case and records
- Full responsible of the monthly mission salaries revision and proper sending of all salaries files to HRCO/ FINCO and HQ database.
- Coordinates and follow up between the HRCO and the HR Assistants related the arrival of the new arrival and HR packages related.
- Follow up the legal issues occurring between MSF and the employees, seeking external expert upon HRCO request when needed
- Follow up the update of the litigation file if any
- Anticipate and / or helps managing potential labour conflicts and conflicts among the team members.
- Keeps informed and help spreading information about news or changes in HR policy among capital and HR fields.
- Inform the staff of any change in labour legislation and general employment framework
- Upon HRCO request, organize and participate on regular staff meeting related administrative issues
- Liaise with MSF legal consultant court case related and represent MSF in court if any
- Degree in administration, Economics, Human Resources, Law, or related studies.
- Working experience of at least two years in administration (Manager) and knows salaries/payroll preparations is preferable
- Essential mission working language (English & Arabic).
- People Management.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & copy of educational and experience certificates to HAC Labour office, Khartoum
- Qualified women encourage to apply
Opening date: 30/09/2021 – Closing date: 12/10/202
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières – Switzerland (MSF-Switzerland) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides emergency medical assistance to populations in danger. The Head Office is located in Geneva. The priority of MSF is to assure access to health care for the most vulnerable people. MSF is also specialized in emergency interventions in case of conflicts, disasters, and epidemics. Thanks to its important technical means, MSF can play an important role in the research and operational development of solutions for public health problems, helped by its presence on the sites.
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
For jobs from Doctors Without Borders visit: MSF Jobs Page