|Organization:||Medical Teams International|
|Gross Salary:||1800 USD per month|
|Department:||Operations / Support|
|Reports to (position):||Country Director|
|Work Days & Hours:||Full Time|
|Travel:||Regular travel to field locationss|
The Finance and Admin Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership to the Financial, Human Resources, Administrative and legal components of the Sudan office of Medical Teams International.
This position works closely with the Country Director and senior leaders to ensure all Medical Teams Sudan establishes and adheres to efficient, professional and legally compliant policies and procedures, and are aligned with MTIs global policies and standard operating procedures for support services, including financial systems, taxation, labour legislation, legal registration and administrative services.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Build a finance and administration team both at the field and country office level
- Review the structure of the finance and administration structure and advice the country director on possible changes
- Develop a plan to train all relevant staff in financial procedures and educate all team members on financial aspect of their role.
- Proactively identify problems and successes to ensure sustainable improvement of financial performance.
- Work with the grant manager in preparation of financial donor and other reports.
- Provide technical leadership to Finance Officers in field locations on all finance procedures and processes.
- Support and collaborate with all relevant program and operation staff in relation with financial matters and as well on overall improvement of country program.
- Ensure timely financial planning, analysis, review and forecasting in collaboration with head office and field team.
- Ensure the establishment, implementation and management of MTIs financial system, reporting, tools and standard operating procedures at the country level in collaboration with Head office finance team.
- Liaise with head office, field and country office, including the transfer of funds.
- Manage and ensure that accounting and finance records are complete and up to date at country office and field office level through establishment of standardized filing systems
- Managing and review procurement and contractual activities including ensuring budget availability, allowability, allocability, adherence to procurement policy and reasonableness.
- Ensure all audit, legal and donor requirements are met and documents in expenses.
- Ensure timely payment to all organization’s payees and venders and maintain sufficient and complete payee files.
- Supervise the preparation of allocations of funding, cash disbursement and budgeting of planned expenses in the projects in accordance with financial management policies and established approval levels.
- Communicate and share budget and spending plans and authorizations to the country and field office.
- Establish banking arrangements and closely work with Bank managers about any risks including foreign exchange fluctuations; cash management of local bank accounts and availing petty cash fund.
- Coordinate with the Country Director and accountants to ensure Medical Teams meets taxation obligations in Sudan, and liaise with government taxation institutions and submit tax reports.
- Ensures compliance and consistency with the organization’s policies and procedures, as well as compliance with donor and local regulations/requirement
- Coordinate and support all internal/external audits and compliance tests.
- Plan, develop and prepare financial reports for both internal and external audience as applicable.
- Coordinate, with the Country Director, the development and implementation of policies and SOPs to mitigate fraud and financial mismanagement.
- Performs month-end closing and year-end duties such as reconciliations, VAT reimbursements, inventory lists, etc.
Project Financial Oversight
- Compile and analyze and report on actual and planned monthly expenditure, interpret and communicate with operational and program team.
- Analyze variance against approved/forecasted budgets and make recommendations.
- Conduct regular field visit to monitor and support the financial performance of a project and support the field team.
- Coordinate, supervise and prepare all financial statements / reports to various bilateral, multilateral
- Assist in the establishing and maintain commodity inventory management system and asset control
- Processes payroll, remits tax and other government contributions and reports to local agencies ensuring compliance with national legislation
- Manage payroll and maintenance of complete and up to date personnel records.
- Establish and maintain employee records (ensuring appropriate information security in line with Medical Teams and donor policies) and monitor contract expirations.
- Maintain systems, templates and guidance for payroll, monitoring leaves requests and contract expirations (and coordinate with respective supervisors on extensions or terminations), and ensure staff are trained in relevant technology platforms.
- Support managers implement HR policies, including on recruitment, performance development, disciplinary action, termination and exit processes, and ensure compliance with labour legislation.
- Support Managers to ensure recruitment, onboarding processes are completed and all new staff are informed of Medical Teams’ policies Code of Conduct, PSEA) and equipped with the tools to perform their job.
- Coordinate insurance enrollment with staff and ensure claims are processed and safety incidents reported.
- With the Country Director, coordinate with Medical Teams’ head office HR Business Partner for Sudan on issues of staff development, resolving employee issues, and developing, reviewing/updating the Employee Handbook (in English).
- Coordinate with the Country Director and legal representation to update Medical Teams legal status and registration in Sudan, and liaise with government bodies to manage this.
- Coordinate with lawyers, notaries and other contracted services on behalf of Medical Teams International.
- Work with Country Director and Program Managers to monitor Medical Teams’ property and asset agreements, including rental and leasing agreements.
- Coordinate with Field Offices to support travel arrangements for international visitors and staff.
- Coordinate with the Country Director to oversee all applicable government permits including visa and travel permits.
- Manage the office and guest house, as applicable, of Country office including utilities.
- Support the Country Director and Program Managers to regularly update Medical Teams’ safety and security policies, SOPs, travel and vehicle policies, and ensure consistency of safety and security assessments across field locations.
- Support Program Mangers to ensure visitors are appropriately managed, including providing orientation, connecting to field staff, and maintaining regular contact to advise on issues.
- Ensure the safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection policies and sexual harassment policies
- Ensure all incidents of safety and security or abuse of policies above is reported through established systems.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Business Administration/Management, Human Resource Management or other relevant fields
- Preferred: Master degree in relevant field.
- Additional finance related trainings about donor regulations, project management or humanitarian standards or related fields are advantages
- Minimum 7 years of experience required in relevant field – finance/accountancy, human resources, operations management or business management is required.
- Experience of working with other INGOs or other non-profit organizations in a similar role is preferable.
- Experience of working with USAID-funded projects is required.
- Experience in logistics, procurement, and routine administrative office support is required.
- Experience of working in humanitarian and emergency setting with a similar role is highly preferable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Dedication to the mission of Medical Teams International.
- Knowledge of Financial, taxation and business management processes.
- Knowledge of HR functions including pay & benefits, recruitment, onboarding and off boarding, and staff development.
- Knowledge of Sudan taxation and labour laws, especially for not-for-profits.
- Skilled in using Financial Management software, human resources database, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Commitment to organizational strengthening and programmatic growth in accordance with humanitarian needs.
- Good understanding of humanitarian standards, protection and accountability.
- Strong organizational and administrative capacity, including proficiency in budget development and management.
- Excellent English Language Skills (Written, Spoken).
- Good report writing skills.
- Skilled in coaching managers and capacity building.
- Ability to work independently and proactively with high level of attention to details.
- Ability to hold staff accountable to work responsibilities, organizational protocol and ethical standards.
- Very good interpersonal skills and team player.
- Excellent and diplomatic communication and representation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to learn new processes and systems.
About Medical Teams International
Medical Teams International provides life-saving medical care for people in crisis, such as survivors of natural disasters and refugees. Daring to love like Jesus, we care for all people – regardless of religion, nationality, sex or race.
Our Mission: To demonstrate the love of Christ to people affected by disaster, conflict and poverty around the world. We are a Christian global health organization that empowers communities to live full and healthy lives.
Oregon is a state in the Pacific Northwest region of the Western United States. The Columbia River delineates much of Oregon’s northern boundary with Washington, while the Snake River delineates much of its eastern boundary with Idaho. The 42° north parallel delineates the southern boundary with California and Nevada.
Colleges and Universities: Oregon State University
How to Apply
- Applicants must submit their applications, cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, All qualifications, work certificates, nationality card and birth certificates, 3 reference letters through Sudanjob website or at HAC.
- Application deadline is September 20/2021.
- Applications must be submitted in sealed envelope.
For jobs from Medical Teams International visit: MTI Jobs Page