|Organization:||Premiere Urgence Internationale|
|Job Title:||LOGISTICS OFFICER|
|Gross Salary for this position||700 USD|
|Country & Base of posting:||Khartoum, SUDAN|
|Reports to:||Logistics Coordinator|
|Creation/Replacement (incl. name):||Replacement|
|Expected Date of Arrival:||October 2021|
|Duration of Mission:||6 Months|
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political, and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars, and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The association leads on average 190 projects by year in the following sectors of intervention: food security, health, nutrition, construction and rehabilitation of infrastructures, water, sanitation, hygiene, and economic recovery. PUI is providing assistance to around 5 million people in 20 countries – in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe, and France.
PUI’s strategy/position in the country:
Première Urgence Internationale was born in 2011 by the merging of Aide Médicale Internationale (AMI) and Première Urgence (PU). AMI was founded in 1979 to respond to humanitarian needs in Afghanistan, conducting health activates and supporting people affected by conflict and displacement. In Sudan, AMI had been active in Darfur from 2004 to 2009 conducting primary health activities in health facilities and through mobile health clinics. Since then, PUI has intervened in the region in Chad, the Central African Republic, Libya, and South Sudan (until 2019). PUI implements projects through an integrated approach; to identify, understand and attempt to respond to the integrity of people’s needs affected by a crisis. The objective is to target priority actions, stabilize and improve the situation of the most vulnerable groups, in coordination and cooperation with all stakeholders and humanitarian actors. PUI strengthens public health systems, improves access to care for the most vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, empowering local communities, and preserving their dignity.
In 2020, PUI established a coordination office in Khartoum and a field office, in partnership with TGH, in Al Abbasiyah, one of the most under-served areas of South Kordofan. In 2021, following the evolution of the crisis in Tigray state in Ethiopia, PUI is planning to start activities in Gedaref state, to support and strengthen existing health facilities, providing quality health and nutrition services to host communities, migrants and refugees alike. Areas of intervention will include Al Mafaza, Bazonda and Al Fashaga Localities, along the border with Ethiopia.
Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator (Log Co), the Logistics Officer ensures and supports the Log Co on the procurement, maintenance, security, and follow-up of PUI equipment, goods, and premises. He/She supports Log Co in activities linked to fleet, assets, movement, IT, communication, and reporting according to PUI standards and procedures in order to ensure optimal running conditions of logistic activities. Provide logistics and procurement support to field offices. He/She works under the direct supervision of the Logistics Coordinator.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Supervise drivers, security guards, and daily workers. Manage and support activities of the office and guesthouse through the logistics support staff, including generator and compound repairs and maintenance (if any); base power management – including best practice for protecting electrical equipment, and maintaining electricity units in office and guest houses, provide the needed support to the Logistics staff at the Bases.
- the equipment on the base according to the needs, and update the equipment list accordingly
- Ensure that the assets are properly maintained and maintenance intervals and procedures are respected
- Monitor and facilitate repair orders
- Inform his/her direct supervisor in the event of an incapacity to carry out the work requested which requires the intervention of a daily worker or specialized technician
- Ensure the equipment and machines used by teams are cleaned and kept in good condition.
- Records all PUI equipment in the Equipment/Asset follow-up sheet
- Ensures that all allocated equipment are duly recorded in the staff asset form
- Follow-up the maintenance of all equipment according to the planning and PUI procedures
- Ensure the correct use of all equipment and provide training to PUI staffs or contractors if necessary
- Communicate equipment needs and damages to the logistics Coordinator
- Will be responsible to process the procurement requests according to PUI guidelines
- Will assist Logistics Coordinator in preparation of procurement plans
- Will assist Logistics Coordinator in identification of different markets and also to help in market survey of gathering prices for different items.
- assist Logistics Coordinator in updating PUI bidders’ list after the pre-qualification process.
- Assist the Logistics Coordinator to ensure that the administrative documents for all vehicles are available, filed and monitored
- Help in organizing the schedule of vehicle movements with the programme teams
- Will assist Logistics Coordinator in implementing the standard PUI Vehicle Log Book
- Assist the Logistics Coordinator to report all cars incidents and prepare the reports
D. ENSURING THE MOVEMENT MANAGEMENT
- Assist in updating the movement board daily
- Receives weekly movement plans for the week from all teams
- Make sure there is a proper management and planning of vehicle movement for airport pick up and drop off
- Follow-up and update communication credit for the whole mission
- Communicates maintenance needs of all IT equipment (computers, printers, etc.) and proposes solutions to the Logistics Coordinator
- Assist workers or specialized technicians if needed
- Follow up the quality of service provision for internet and equipment maintenance
F. DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTING
- Give daily report to the Logistics Coordinator about the progress of the logistics activities
- Archive and centralize logistics files related to his domain
- Prepare the required files needed for the monthly Logistics Report.
General Organization of the work:
- Direct management: Logistics Coordinator
- Functional Management & Technical Support: Logistics Coordinator / Logistics Staff at the Bases.
- Office hours: from Sunday to Thursday
Qualification, Skills and Experience Required
- Language skills: Fluent in Arabic & English speaking and writing skills
- Education degree: BSc University degree in Logistics/Administration Business or related.
- Experience: At least 2 years work experience in INGO in a similar position
Knowledge and skills:
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Stress Management
- Good health and physical condition
- Diplomatic and open-minded
- Transversals skills
- Ability to work independently while taking initiatives and showing a sense of responsibility
- Ability to withstand pressure and volatile environment
- Sense of diplomacy
- Analytical skills
- Capacity to adapt and organizational flexibility
- Organization, rigor and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work and manage affairs professionally, and with maturity
- Ability to represent the activities and mandate of PUI before local authorities
- Ability to work with different partners in a spirit of openness, and with adaptable communications strategies
This job description outlines the main responsibilities of this position. However, you may be asked to perform tasks other than those listed above, without this being considered a contract amendment. Thus, a great deal of flexibility is required in this position.
About Premiere Urgence Internationale
Première Urgence Internationale is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious international NGO.
Première Urgence Internationale helps civilians who are marginalised or excluded as a result of natural disasters, war and economic collapse.
Our mission is to defend basic human rights, such as those set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 1948.
Company Offices · France (headquarters) · Asnieres-sur-Seine · 2 rue Auguste Thomas 92600 Asnieres-sur-Seine France · 92600.
How To Apply
Those who are interested in the position are requested to submit their CV, Motivation Letter, and copies of Academic/experience qualifications by hand in a sealed envelope properly marked the position to HAC labour office in Khartoum”.