Samaritan’s Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan\’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God\’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. Samaritan’s Purse International Relief is seeking to hire qualified persons to fill the following position.
|Vacancy:||WASH Project Manager|
|Reports to:||Chief of Party|
|Duty Station:||Hamesh Koreib/ Telkook|
|Deadline of Application:||26/09/2021|
|Salary:||1200 – 1500 $ base on experinece|
Summary of the Position:
Under the country strategy and mission of Samaritan’s Purse, the WASH Manager will serve as the leader for the overall implementation and reporting of the WASH portion of the BHA Kassala Integrated Response Project (KIRP). The WASH Manager does this by overseeing the WASH Coordinators and coordinating with Finance and Logistics to ensure that WASH programming is implemented within budget, according to schedule. The WASH Program Manager will report directly to the BHA Chief of Party. The PM will work closely with the implementing partner Sudan Vision Organization (SUVO) and provide technical support and supervision. He/she also gives support to the Health and Nutrition Project Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the overall implementation, schedule, and success of the BHA WASH project in the Kassala project area.
- Lead the WASH team members to achieve their indicators and support them as necessary.
- Work closely with the implementing partner Sudan Vision Organization (SUVO) and provide technical support and supervision.
- Consolidate weekly reports from staff into a complete report for the BHA Chief of Party.
- Keep the WASH cluster and other relevant stakeholders updated on activities as required to guarantee successful coordination.
- Be the overall budget holder for the WASH portion of the BHA Multi-Sectoral response project in Kassala State
- Review and assure all WASH program documents meet SP policy and BHA requirements
- Coordinate with WASH Coordinators and SP logistics to ensure materials are available on-site on time and that the program is implemented in line with SP policies and procedures
- Assess, manage, and report critical concerns to the BHA Chief of Party.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Education / Experience Needed:
- Advanced writing and speaking skills in English.
- BA in engineering or related field required.
- Five (5) years of experience in previous Engineering and/or WASH programming required
- Experience in management and supervision required
- Experience preferably with an NGO in the past.BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) and Bachelor in Public health is an added advantage
- Excellent problem solving, creativity, and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
About Samaritan’s Purse
Samaritan’s Purse is an evangelical Christian humanitarian aid organization that provides aid to people in physical need as a key part of its Christian missionary work. The organization’s president is Franklin Graham, son of Christian evangelist Billy Graham.
- Tax ID: 58-1437002
- Founded: 1970, Boone, NC
- Headquarters: Boone, NC (North Carolina)
- Leader: Franklin Graham
- Tax deductibility code: 501(c)(3)
- President: Franklin Graham
- Founders: Franklin Graham, Robert Pierce
What is the purpose of Samaritan’s Purse?
Purpose: Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to victims of war, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty, and persecution in more than 100 countries, with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His son, Jesus Christ.
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
How to apply:
- Any interested candidates must submit their application to the SP office at Altaif , Buder Street , Block 22. Or to the [email protected]
- Only Sudanese applicants will be considered for this position.
- We do appreciate your interest in working with us. However, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For jobs from Samaritan’s Purse visit: Samaritan’s Purse Jobs Page