|Job Title:||Admin/Finance Officer|
|Location:||EL ABBASIYA EL Abbasiya – South Kordofan|
|Line Manager:||Field Coordinator|
|Technical Manager:||HR Coordinator & finance Coordinator / Deputy Finance Coordinator|
|Works in collaboration with:||Finance Department, Logistic Department, Field Coordinator|
|Net Salary:||417.21 USD|
Responsibilities and related tasks
Under direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Admin/Finance Officer duties include aspects of staff and office management, and finance as well as base movement. They have a technical link to the Finance Coordinator, based in Khartoum.
Accounting & Finance Management
- In collaboration with the Field Coordinator, ensure the administrative and Finance procedures are followed.
- In collaboration with the Field Coordinator, manage accountancy at base level and ensure functioning of the office
- Ensure communication with Khartoum’s Finance team
- Daily Management of cash box,
- Ensure follow-up of cash advances on a weekly basis in collaboration with different departments
- Daily update the accountancy tool strictly following TGH financial procedure.
- Daily update of the accountancy make sure the precise usage of contract code, and budget line.
- Prepare all documents (including cashbox and safe box inventories) to close the accountancy on weekly and monthly basis according to TGH procedures. Make sure procurement files are complete and properly filled.
- Send the accountancy to the Finance Coordinator on weekly & monthly basis.
- Ensure accurate book keeping in the appropriate computer file(s).
- Ensure timely payment of invoices according to TGH financial policies.
- Ensure the payment of suppliers
- Provide cash management between Khartoum and EL ABBASIYA.
- Prepare payment needed by transfers in coordination with Finance Coordinator.
- Ensure the monthly accounting documents (invoices hard copies/and related documents) of the mission are complete and sent to Khartoum (plan cargo request)
Administration, Human Resources (HR):
- In collaboration with the Field Coordinator, ensure that administrative and HR procedures are followed.
- Ensure communication with Khartoum’s HR team
- Prepare and update all HR related files (data salary, travel allowance, medical reimbursements, .etc.);
- Ensure base daily worker follow-up, making sure the tool is correctly filled and the procedure for daily worker hiring is respected.
- Set up, manage and maintain personal folders for National Staff (leave requests, absences related documents and leave requests sick report, scratch card follow-up, valid ID card, etc.)
- Follow the recruitment procedures at field level with the support the Field Coordinator
- Communicate needed HR information’s and documents to Khartoum’s HR Department.
- Make sure all HR documents signed at field level and send on time (including salary sheets, presence sheets, other HR documents)
- Participate actively in all training courses recommended by TGH, and share new skills and knowledge with his/ her team or colleagues
- Inform his/her Officer about identified training needs and training opportunities on his/ her job related matters
- Co-operate in the supervision of partner organizations according to TGH partnership agreements, as directed by the Field Coordinator and/or Finance Coordinator
- Perform other related duties as instructed by the Finance Coordinator and HR Coordinator.
- Any other task/duty deemed necessary for TGH activities, as requested by line management
Knowledge, Skills and personal feature required
- BSc degree in related field.
- 2 years relevant experience in the same field
- Experienced with INGO will be an asset
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic, high level spoken and written English.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to convey difficult and challenging information to managers.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Respectful, against any kind of discrimination
- Pro activity, sense of initiative
- Great reactivity and availability to any requests
- Personal features: Diplomatic, attention to detail, honest, motivated, enthusiastic.
About Triangle Generation Humanitaire
Triangle Génération Humanitaire is an International Solidarity Organisation born in 1994 from the desire to develop cross-disciplinary and sustainable expertise. TGH integrates emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development in its programs within a comprehensive approach, using an environmental approach wherever possible.
Legal residence: France
Funding agencies: EC, Government, UN, UNICEF, UNHCR, AICS / DGDC
Sectors: Civil Society & NGOs, Poverty Reduction
Address: 1 Rue de Montribloud, 69009 Lyon, France
Triangle Generation Humanitaire (tgh) in Sudan
The lifting in 2018 of US economic sanctions applied since 1997 has not had the expected effect on the country’s economy, which is mainly dependent on imports.
Deprived of about 75% of the oil resources now located in Southern Sudan since its independence in 2011, Sudan is facing soaring inflation that has caused several devaluations of its currency in 2018, with a direct impact on the living conditions of rural and urban population.
The decrease in armed clashes between rebel groups and government forces seems to be confirmed in Darfur, with the United Nations announcing the withdrawal of the peacekeeping mission in the region (UNAMID) in 2020.
On the ground, this improvement in the security situation and the signing of a tripartite agreement between the Chadian and Sudanese governments and the United Nations refugee agency announce an acceleration in the return of refugees who have fled the conflict.
Meanwhile, sporadic clashes between rebels and the government (particularly in the Jebel Marra area) or between different tribes continue to occur regularly. In addition, the consequences of climatic disorders (floods, drought and fires) call for the maintenance of an emergency response capacity.
Acting in Sudan since 2004, TGH has rapidly expanded its programs in Central and West Darfur, despite a constantly precarious and complex situation.
From its six bases in Darfur and the one, established in 2020, in South Kordofan, the NGO continuously monitors humanitarian needs and identifies priorities for action. It can thus respond quickly to both new emergency situations in coordination with other humanitarian actors, local authorities and national partners, and have a solid knowledge of the structural problems affecting populations.
In West Darfur, TGH works with vulnerable populations affected by the conflict, and mitigates the effects of chronic emergencies due to lack of access to some basic services or natural disasters.
TGH’s multisectoral contribution saves lives while focusing on the empowerment of populations and the prospects for the return of displaced people.
TGH is strengthening the technical and material resources to boost agricultural and micro-economic activities in Geneina and Kreinik. In cooperation with local stakeholders, these actions help improve cereal and market gardening production as well as a safe environment for the beneficiary populations.
In Central Darfur, TGH is strengthening sanitation and access to safe drinking water in the Golo town (Jebel Marra). This action complements the responses provided in Golo and elsewhere to food security needs: delivery of agricultural equipment, training or home garden activities (for self-consumption).
TGH also supports returnees in Um Dukhun for access to basic services: education, water access (through community management of the infrastructure it has built), and development of sustainable livelihoods.
Finally, TGH is opening a new project in consortium with the NGO Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) in the sub-district of El Abassiya in South Kordofan. Indeed, the region has suffered from conflicts, pitting the predominantly Muslim populations in the North of the country against those in the South, who are mostly Christian and animist, since Sudan’s independence in 1956. These clashes have been characterized by massive population displacements, a drop in agricultural production impacting food security, a deterioration of basic services including reduced access to drinking water and a deterioration of education and health services. TGH teams are therefore actively working to provide adequate and sufficient water access to the population as well as to facilitate access to an improved school environment and sustainable learning conditions for students in the targeted localities. At the same time, the NGO PUI ensures the improvement and access to health services in particular by strengthening the technical platforms of health facilities, by supporting prevention activities or by building the capacity of health staff through trainings.
From 2020, as in most countries, the health situation in Sudan has deteriorated due to the COVID-19 epidemic. Due to a lockdown that lasted several months, much of the activities underway during the first wave of the virus had to be suspended by TGH. As a result, the majority of programmes in Sudan had had to adapt in order to complete the planned activities in compliance with the recommended barrier gestures and hygiene measures.
How to Apply
I have read and understood the job description and I agree to perform the duties stated herein to the best of my ability, and in compliance with TGH principles which are humanity, impartiality and independence.
Furthermore, this job description can be updated during the time of the contract according to program needs.
Those who are interested in the position are requested to submit an application letter, CV, and copies of Academic/experience qualifications to TGH Office, street 37 Amarat Khartoum, Plot No.16 block No 10, or hand-delivered to the HAC labour office or through email address, [email protected] ,
Net Salary for this position is 417.21 USD
Opening date from to 19 September 2021 to 30 September 2021