|Job Title:||Logistics Officer|
|Location:||EL Abbasiya – South Kordofan|
|Line Manager:||Field Coordinator/Logistic Manager/Logistic Supervisor|
|Works in collaboration with:||Team of The Base|
|Net Salary:||417.21 USD|
Responsibilities and related tasks
Logistics officer participates to all logistics activities.
Logistics officer is responsible for the management of the department.
He/she represents TGH on field with professionalism, honesty and commitment.
1. Warehouse management
- To keep the warehouse clean and tidy and in a functioning state.
- To ensure that all material is stored in a safe and clean place and is easily identifiable
- To monitor on a daily basis all movements (in and out) of material stored in the stock and be sure that each movement is traceable by following the proper procedure and completing necessary tools: stock card, release order, follow up tools, etc.
- To deliver fuel and other items following the procedures.
- To attribute one store card to each item and ensure that each store card has one number.
- To ensure efficient stock management according to the rotation and to expiry dates (FIFO, FEFO)
- To receive the material and check the quantity and quality according to the waybill or packing list.
- To dispatch cargo and arrange truck for dispatching ( WB, PL )
- To arrange cargo to/from WFP warehouse
- To guarantee optimal security of the store (in collaboration with the logistics supervisor or Coordinator).
- To inform the Head of Logistics in case of a loss of material.
- To organize a regular inventory of the stock and to update the stocks follow up documents.
- To ensure to start and check the generator daily (fuel, oil, water, global condition…)
- To ensure that the fuel stock is always ready (Quantity, quality, Jerrycan…)
- To follow up the consumption of fuel on daily basis
- To make monthly table of the consumption of important items (fuel, soap, inventory, oil…)
- To do daily feed back to the Field and Logistics Cooridnators.
- To plan the needs and order for consumable materials
- To managing warehouse operations and ensuring optimum inventory levels to achieve maximum cost savings with minimum holding of stock.
- Follow delivery/pickup instructions from Dispatcher and/or logistics team.
2. Purchase and supply
- Perform all purchases in respect of TGH rules, according to the procedures (simple purchase, quotations, negotiated process, etc.).
- Ensure that all relevant documents (quotations, POs, etc.) have been brought to the knowledge of the Logistics Manager/Logistic Supervisor before and after purchase.
- Manage delivery of materials ordered at base or at camp according to defined needs, under supervision of the Logistics Manager.
- Organize and check proper loading and unloading of material according to TGH procedures.
- Prepare the weekly team meeting and provide information regarding past week activities (achievements and issues) and coming weeks’ activities.
- Provide monthly updated list of prices for supplies and goods from the souk.
- Maintain the records of the purchase orders and goods purchased under the same and hand over to the concerned staff following proper procedure and after maintaining/updating the record
3. Fleet and equipment
- Ensure periodic maintenance of all the equipment consulting with technical persons, including (generator, VHF, HF …other equipments)
- Check vehicle condition and repair if needed with the assistance of the driver
- Adhere to all safety requirements particular to the equipment, including vehicles
- Maintain the service and appearance of vehicles and motorbikes in assistance with the Driver
- Ensure the insurance documents for the vehicle are kept within the vehicle at all times, and updated.
4. Participates to all logistics activities
- To participate to internal meetings as requested by the Logistics Manager or Field Coordinator.
- To assist the logistics team with any other matters as requested by line manager and colleagues
Any other tasks may be required for the running of the projects
- Participate actively in any training courses recommended by TGH, and share new skills and knowledge with his/her colleagues
- Inform his/her supervisor about identified training needs and training opportunities on his/her job related matters
- Co-operate in the supervision of partner organizations according to TGH partnership agreements
Required Knowledge, Skills and personal feature
- University degree preferred
- Strong experience at the same position
- Good Arabic reading, spoken, written
- Basic English spoken
- Good knowledge of logistics and the supply chain
- Strong work experience at the same position with an INGO
- Basic knowledge in electricity and mechanics
- Very good organizational skills
- Good knowledge of MS office Package (specifically excel, and word)
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Ability to work in a volatile environment
- Personal features:
Pays attention to detail, respects schedules and deadlines demonstrates honesty and transparency, works with a cooperative and problem-solving outlook, and adapts well to consider additional requests or tasks from staff in a professional manner.
About Triangle Generation Humanitaire
Triangle Génération Humanitaire is an International Solidarity Organisation born in 1994 from the desire to develop cross-disciplinary and sustainable expertise. TGH integrates emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development in its programs within a comprehensive approach, using an environmental approach wherever possible.
Legal residence: France
Funding agencies: EC, Government, UN, UNICEF, UNHCR, AICS / DGDC
Sectors: Civil Society & NGOs, Poverty Reduction
Address: 1 Rue de Montribloud, 69009 Lyon, France
Triangle Generation Humanitaire (tgh) in Sudan
The lifting in 2018 of US economic sanctions applied since 1997 has not had the expected effect on the country’s economy, which is mainly dependent on imports.
Deprived of about 75% of the oil resources now located in Southern Sudan since its independence in 2011, Sudan is facing soaring inflation that has caused several devaluations of its currency in 2018, with a direct impact on the living conditions of rural and urban population.
The decrease in armed clashes between rebel groups and government forces seems to be confirmed in Darfur, with the United Nations announcing the withdrawal of the peacekeeping mission in the region (UNAMID) in 2020.
On the ground, this improvement in the security situation and the signing of a tripartite agreement between the Chadian and Sudanese governments and the United Nations refugee agency announce an acceleration in the return of refugees who have fled the conflict.
Meanwhile, sporadic clashes between rebels and the government (particularly in the Jebel Marra area) or between different tribes continue to occur regularly. In addition, the consequences of climatic disorders (floods, drought and fires) call for the maintenance of an emergency response capacity.
Acting in Sudan since 2004, TGH has rapidly expanded its programs in Central and West Darfur, despite a constantly precarious and complex situation.
From its six bases in Darfur and the one, established in 2020, in South Kordofan, the NGO continuously monitors humanitarian needs and identifies priorities for action. It can thus respond quickly to both new emergency situations in coordination with other humanitarian actors, local authorities and national partners, and have a solid knowledge of the structural problems affecting populations.
In West Darfur, TGH works with vulnerable populations affected by the conflict, and mitigates the effects of chronic emergencies due to lack of access to some basic services or natural disasters.
TGH’s multisectoral contribution saves lives while focusing on the empowerment of populations and the prospects for the return of displaced people.
TGH is strengthening the technical and material resources to boost agricultural and micro-economic activities in Geneina and Kreinik. In cooperation with local stakeholders, these actions help improve cereal and market gardening production as well as a safe environment for the beneficiary populations.
In Central Darfur, TGH is strengthening sanitation and access to safe drinking water in the Golo town (Jebel Marra). This action complements the responses provided in Golo and elsewhere to food security needs: delivery of agricultural equipment, training or home garden activities (for self-consumption).
TGH also supports returnees in Um Dukhun for access to basic services: education, water access (through community management of the infrastructure it has built), and development of sustainable livelihoods.
Finally, TGH is opening a new project in consortium with the NGO Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) in the sub-district of El Abassiya in South Kordofan. Indeed, the region has suffered from conflicts, pitting the predominantly Muslim populations in the North of the country against those in the South, who are mostly Christian and animist, since Sudan’s independence in 1956. These clashes have been characterized by massive population displacements, a drop in agricultural production impacting food security, a deterioration of basic services including reduced access to drinking water and a deterioration of education and health services. TGH teams are therefore actively working to provide adequate and sufficient water access to the population as well as to facilitate access to an improved school environment and sustainable learning conditions for students in the targeted localities. At the same time, the NGO PUI ensures the improvement and access to health services in particular by strengthening the technical platforms of health facilities, by supporting prevention activities or by building the capacity of health staff through trainings.
From 2020, as in most countries, the health situation in Sudan has deteriorated due to the COVID-19 epidemic. Due to a lockdown that lasted several months, much of the activities underway during the first wave of the virus had to be suspended by TGH. As a result, the majority of programmes in Sudan had had to adapt in order to complete the planned activities in compliance with the recommended barrier gestures and hygiene measures.
How to Apply
I have read and understood the job description and I agree to perform the duties stated herein to the best of my ability, and in compliance with TGH principles which are humanity, impartiality and independence.
Furthermore, this job description can be updated during the time of the contract according to program needs.
Those who are interested in the position are requested to submit application letter, CV, and copies of Academic/experience qualifications to TGH Office, street 37 Amarat Khartoum, Plot No.16 block No 10, or hand delivered to HAC labour office or through e mail address, [email protected]
Net Salary for this position is 417.21 USD
Opening date from to 19 September 2021 to 30 September 2021