|Job Title:||Logistics & Procurements Officer|
|Department/ Unit:||Logistics & Procurements Department|
|Reporting to:||Head of Operations|
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is a German non-profit, non-partisan and non-denominational Organization, working in about 38 countries around the world and has been working in Sudan since 1998. WHH sectoral focus is humanitarian assistance, Sustainable Food and Nutrition Security (SFNS), and Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH).
Logistics & Procurement Officer is responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations such as warehousing, inventory, transportation, and supply chain processes. Also, assist the Senior Procurement Manager in handling, coordination, and management of the procurement of goods and services with a high standard of accountability, transparency, and in a timely manner.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Receive incoming Purchase Requisitions, verify that required signature/ authorizations, budget lines, date received, date required, and point of deliveries are shown on the SPRs. Stamp received if all required information is shown; record them in SPR procurements tracking sheet and place them in appropriate file for easy follow up and concrete documentation.
- Ensure timely, accurate processing and documentation of procurements and use of Welthungerhilfe’ Electronic Procurement System E-tender portal platform; Chair tender openings as required.
- Draft Request for Quotation letters as per Welthungerhilfe format and invite quotations from approved suppliers.
- Prepare Quotations / Bids analysis and pass them to Head of operations for technical evaluation or advice before orders are placed or presented to purchase committee.
- Prepare tender document and participation on tender committee.
- Prepare procurement documents and present them to the Head of operations for review before approvals.
- Maintain an updated procurement tracker.
- Prepare procurement contracts and other service contracts.
- Manage the distribution of contract and purchase orders to appropriate suppliers.
- Prepare suppliers’ payments and submit them to the Heard of operations for verification before forwarding the documents for relevant approvals.
- Register all the invoices in Suppliers’ Payment Register and ensure Finance signs for all received invoices.
- Follow up with Finance to ensure Vendors are paid in good time.
- Maintain proper filing system for all procurement documentations SPR registers, LPO registers, Procurement Status Reports etc.
- Track all the SPRs that are received from field offices to ensure appropriate processes are carried out expeditiously.
- Any other duty as assign by your manager.
2. INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
- Ensure that all inventory and assets are controlled according to WHH policy.
- Allocate asset to staff according to needs and update the asset registry accordingly.
- Make sure that assets are properly maintained, and maintenance intervals and procedures are respected.
- Ensure that any transfers of WHH Sudan property to government counterparts, cooperating partners, retailers and staff are duly approved and recorded.
3. FLEET MANAGEMENT
Daily administrative activities of transport –pool especially driver, vehicles scheduling tracking logbook, routing, and major maintenance.
Supervise and coordinate the work of all vehicles & drivers.
a. Monitor the daily use of vehicles to ensure the major and routine service and maintenance.
b. Control the issue of fuel tickets and provide monthly reconciliation of fuel account.
c. Arrange the registration and insurance requirements of all WHH vehicles.
e. Following up the procedures of getting police traffic reports in case of an accident as well as an insurance company for compensation.
4. DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTING
- Ensure that all archiving is done in compliance with WHH standards.
- Gather all logistics documents as a complete file and transfer them to the Head of Operations.
- Give daily report to the senior logistician about progress of the logistics activities.
- Archive and centralize logistics files related to procurement, fleet, and assets.
- Liaise with finance to ensure compliance and payment schedules; maintain service contracts.
5. TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Assist team members with information, tools, and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations, and provide constructive feedback informally and formally.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Work with all WHH staff to ensure smooth introduction and adoption of logistics systems.
- Be responsible for full and proper implementation of WHH logistics & procurement systems management, compliance, and control as described in WHH procurement and logistics policies, contained in the Office in O365.
- organization of customs clearance arrangements in coordination with liaison officer.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English and Arabic
- Education degree: University degree in Supply chain management, Accounting, Economics or relevant field of study
- Work experience (4-6) years minimum of previous relevant experience in a logistics function preferably with an INGO/UN agency
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Valid driving license at least 5 years
- Knowledge of humanitarian work and humanitarian organizations (NGOs) in the area.
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Other REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Well organized
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within area or organization itself
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates are requested to submit application letter, CV, and copies of academic and experience Certificates to HAC -Labor office Khartoum.
Only Candidates meeting the above criteria will be considered for shortlist
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your CV to HAC (Humanitarian Aid Commission)
For jobs from Welthungerhilfe visit: Welthungerhilfe Jobs Page