|Position Title:||COVID-19 Response Manager|
|Report to:||Health and Nutrition Advisor|
|Gross salary:||1854 USD -2500 USD depend for History & Experience|
|Duration:||11 Months and extension depend on the Fund.|
|Location:||Roving between, West Darfur, Central Darfur, Blur Nile, Khartoum, Kadugli|
World Relief is an international humanitarian organization operating in Sudan since 2004. The organization is working in five states in Sudan including West Darfur, Central Darfur, Khartoum, Blue Nile and South Kordofan. The organization is working in health, nutrition, WASH, FSL, peace building, and protection sectors.
The COVED-19 Manager will be the key resource and central. point of contact for all matters in relation to COCID-19 response mainly for BHA-funded projects. The COVED 19 Manager will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of BHA-funded COVID 19response in West and Central Darfur. World Relief is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual with strong analytical, quantitative, and strategy development skills and an exemplary record of leadership and management. The successful candidate will have excellent communications skills, be able to function independently with flexibility in a dynamic and often uncertain situation, be self-motivated, can thrive in challenging environments, and have a strong commitment to excellence. The successful candidate will also be adept at coordinating the operations of cross-functional and multi-location teams and have a strong commitment to excellence.
- Under the supervision of health and collaboration with field based sector coordinators prepares detail implementation plan, execute the plan and monitor implementation of the plan as per project objectives;
- Build the capacity of field staff on CVID -19 global, national and regional protocols and follow up adherence to the protocols;
- Primary focal person for WR COVID-19 response and deputy focal person for WRS health abd nutrition sector;
- Regularly travel to field and conduct field monitoring and generate monitoring report;
- Produce project progress report (monthly , quarterly , biannual and annual ) and timely submit to health and nutrition advisor;
- Propose collaborative partnerships with other projects, knowledge- sharing, and learning in support of COVID-19 response
- Ensure compliance with all Federal/and local restrictions and orders related to controlling and containing COVID-19,
- Oversee the development and implementation of the organization,s COVID-19 Safety Plan;
- Periodically review the effectiveness of the COVID-19 Safety plan and amend, update or improve as necessary
- When required/effectively implement your COVID-19 Emergency Action plan
- regularly attend federal level health and nutrition clusters and represent WRS
- A medical doctor with Master’s degree in public health or other social science
- At least 10 years prior experience providing technical assistance and capacity building in relevant technical areas;
- Expertise in society building required
- Demonstrated knowledge of public health, economic recovery ,and related development assistance programming preferred
- Demonstrated experience with international development and donor-funded programs
- Familiarity with USAID-finded projects will be an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant computer software skills ; proficiency in world and excel strongly preferred
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skill
- Strong interpersonal/management and leadership skills
- Ability to work in participatory manner with staff to assess needs implement and monitor activities/Ability to integrate and work well with a diverse multicultural team
- Ability to work in harsh condition/ often in remote areas
About World Relief
World Relief is an Evangelical Christian humanitarian nongovernmental organization. The headquarters is in Baltimore, Maryland.
What does World Relief do?
World Relief is a global Christian humanitarian organization whose mission is to empower the local church to serve the most vulnerable.
Headquarters: Baltimore, MD
What services does World Relief provide?
- Health & Mental Health Counseling.
- Financial Guidance.
- School/Youth/Parenting Groups.
- Immigration Legal Services.
How to Apply
Those who are interested in the position are requested to submit all applications with a Covering letter and copies of certificates attached with your C.V to The Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) Labor Office in Khartoum – Gemhoria Street Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.