Finance Assistant (Um Dukhun) – DRC
|Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
DRC has been present in Sudan since 2004, delivering life-saving programming in protection, emergency response, shelter, food security and livelihoods, disaster risk reduction, camp management, and humanitarian mine action. DRC has implemented projects in Central Darfur, South Darfur, South Kordofan, Gedaref, Kassala, White Nile, Al-Jazeera State and Khartoum states.
Overall purpose of the role:
This position will be based in Central Darfur, Um-Dukhun office, reporting to the Base Manager, the candidate will be working closely with the Finance officer, HR/admin, supply chain team and program teams. The Finance assistant will support in supplier payments, cashbook preparations, filing, scanning of documents, retrieving audit vouchers, and bank /cash withdrawals among others.
Key Responsibilities: –
- Prepare cheques and cash payments to suppliers
- Cash and bank withdrawals
- Support with the preparation of monthly cash books by ensuring all payments are booked on time
- Ensure all documents are filed and archived properly and in an orderly manner
- Ensure all vouchers processed from Finance are scanned and uploaded to SharePoint
- Assist program teams in cash distributions on a need basis
- Assist in retrieving vouchers for audits
- Assist in cash advances and balance items reconciliations
- Follow up on uncleared cheques, bank reconciliations, cash counts etc
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager
Experience and technical competencies:
- Stable and robust character
- At least 1-year experience as a Finance Assistant or Cashier
- Proven Management and supervision skills, team player and proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Degree in Finance or Accounting or any
- Professional accounting qualification ACCA, CPA etc
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Excellent communication skills in English is required.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Finance Manager
- Budget holders/PMS
- Base Manger
All DRC staff should master the 5 core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: you focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
- Collaborating: you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: you take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: you act in line with our vision and values
Link for application:
You can apply through the DRC website at https://drc.ngo/about-us/careers/vacancies
Or directly through the DRC HR manager at
Application due: 06/11/2023
In case you’re having issues applying online, you are welcome to come to DRC Office in Umdukhun and submit your application from there.