Finance Officer – DRC
|Organization||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Contract type:||National contract|
Band: H – Non Manager
Reporting to: Finance Manager
DRC (Danish Refugee Council), founded in Denmark in 1956, is Denmark’s largest and the world’s leading non-profit, independent, rights-based refugee organization.
Our vision is to assist refugees, internally displaced people and their host communities to a dignified life. We protect lives and human rights and empower beneficiaries throughout conflict displacement by providing shelter, food, and hope in terms of work, education and integration towards a sustainable future.
Overall purpose of the role:
To provide technical support in budget management, cash and document management while providing support the field office in all matters related to finance.
- Review payment documents for accuracy, compliance with DRC/donor policies and completeness.
- Review and sign off cash counts daily together with the cashier/finance assistant. This also requires review of the reconciliations for petty cash done by the finance assistant.
- Maintain an archiving system for transaction vouchers for all transactions booked on Dynamics, with proper referencing and ensure they are attached on system journals and TDL.
- Ensure all documents are scanned and uploaded in Dynamics
- Ensure all cashbooks are uploaded into Dynamics accounting system
- Prepare monthly Bank reconciliations
- Support donor and financial audits by retrieving requested vouchers and liaison with Country Finance Coordinator for missing files.
- Review costs booked in budgets for accuracy
- Ensure costs are rebooked as per budget holder’s requests
- Ensure that staff salaries are booked to correct projects
- Support on banking and petty cash payments on need basis
Experience and technical competencies:
- Stable and robust character.
- Proven Management and supervision skills, team player and proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
Degree in Finance or Accounting with at least 2 years work experience in finance or accounting
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Excellent communication skills in English is required.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Finance Manager
- Budget holders/PMS
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!