MEAL Assistant (Madani) – DRC
|Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
DRC has been present in Sudan since 2004, delivering life-saving programming in protection, emergency response, shelter, food security and livelihoods, disaster risk reduction, camp management, and humanitarian mine action. DRC has implemented projects in Central Darfur, South Darfur, South Kordofan, Gedaref, Kassala, and Khartoum states. Sudan hosts one of the largest displaced populations in Africa, with over 3.7 million internally displaced people and over 1.1 million refugees from South Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Central African Republic, Chad, Yemen and Syria. Against a background of political crisis, Sudan faces economic and social turmoil, with sharp increases in food and energy costs, further exacerbated by disease outbreaks and ongoing conflict.
About the job
Responsible for conducting Monitoring & Evaluation activities as per the work plan. This role has an area focus and ensures compliance with DRC MEAL procedures and guidelines within the program locations. The role contributes to program quality assurance and data management, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides MEAL technical support and/or guidance to base operations.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Monitoring and evaluation
- Participate in beneficiary registration and verification process during data collection, registration, and distribution in a timely manner.
- Maintain all documents relating to the program’s activities and send an accurate report of the program’s activities to his/her supervisor.
- Conduct distribution and post-distribution monitoring assessments.
- Plan and ensure effective and timely program data capturing from field locations.
- Support design of data collection tools used during program implementation.
- Conduct field monitoring visits to program locations to verify activities implemented.
- Ensures safety and security of all DRC information during program implementation (Data protection).
- Timely collation and production of the beneficiary list on monthly basis.
- Undertake data quality audits on monthly basis.
- Responsible for data storage and ensuring proper data archiving of all reports regarding project activities.
Reporting and information
- Submit weekly and monthly reports to the MEAL Officer on achievements and challenges related to monitoring
- Protection cases identified and referred in coordination with the protection team
- Produce periodic monitoring reports to ensure programs have accurate and useful data to inform project development.
- Participate in distribution and post-distribution assessment exercises.
- Undertake the review of means of verification in the field location.
- Ensure that the activities are compliant with DRC accountability principles.
- Support the implementation of DRC’s complaints mechanism.
- Support the MEAL and program managers in strengthening DRC’s program quality, standards, and learning, and enforcing DRC’s accountability and MEAL frameworks.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 1 year of direct experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation, and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Demonstrated ability and understanding to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and techniques such as focus group discussions, key informant interviews, and observations to name a few.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and summarize it for a range of different audiences.
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with qualitative research techniques
- Degree/Diploma or equivalent professional qualification
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in Arabic and local languages
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: 6 Months
Level: NM. I.
Salary range: USD 826 – 932
Location: Aljazera – Madani
Expected Start date: ASAP
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the Apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.