Protection Information Management Officer (Gadraif) – DRC
|Organization||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Contract type:||National contract|
DRC has been present in Sudan since 2004, delivering life-saving programming in protection, emergency response, shelter, food security and livelihoods, disaster risk reduction, camp management, and humanitarian mine action. DRC has implemented projects in Central Darfur, South Darfur, South Kordofan, Gedaref, Kassala, and Khartoum states. Sudan hosts one of the largest displaced populations in Africa, with over 3.7 million internally displaced people and over 1.1 million refugees from South Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Central African Republic, Chad, Yemen and Syria. Against a background of political crisis, Sudan faces economic and social turmoil, with sharp increases in food and energy costs, further exacerbated by disease outbreaks and ongoing conflict.
About the job
Under the direct supervision of the Protection Manager, and technical support of Information management specialist, the Information Management (IM) Officer is responsible to provide technical support to the implementation of all DRC programs in East Sudan; Gedaref and Al Jazeera. To this end, the IM Officer will act as the focal point for programme data and information management. The IM Officer will serve as DRC East Sudan focal point for the ongoing development, use, acceptance and support of a program performance data management platform.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support in the overall information management of DRC programmes in East Sudan.
- Develop efficient IM systems
- Build and deploy data collection, assessment and monitoring tools
- Clean, aggregate, compile and analyze datasets and databases.
- Develop and maintain dashboards, including on Power BI
- Support programme teams in producing statistical and graphical reports, including protection monitoring reports
- Provide informed technical guidance to programme teams based on identified capacity-building needs, including on using the online tools
- Develop and update weekly/monthly graphical reports based on available datasets
- Produce visual materials with aggregate data to support project communications and reporting
- Consolidate indicators’ achievements on monthly and quarterly basis from all DRC programs and update Activity Info platforms accordingly
- Any additional tasks in support of project information management as assigned by the Protection Manager.
Ad hoc responsibilities
- Support East offices in ICT tasks when requested, and this includes managing and setting up network’s connections, purchasing and setting up any IT equipment’s such as tablets, computers, smart phones and printers.
- Making sure all IT devices and equipment are well maintained password protected.
Minimum Qualification, Skills, and Experience Required:
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- At least 2 years of experience developing assessments and using mobile data collection tools.
- Demonstrate advanced experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel and Access.
- Demonstrated experience with KOBO, ODK or other humanitarian data tools.
- Demonstrated experience with Power BI, Tableau and/or comparable analytics and data management software
- Experience conducting complex analytics and producing useful reports through technical software including Excel, STATA, and/or SPSS.
- Proficiency in data analysis. Able to manage, analyze, and organize data and be adept at analysis and interpretation of large quantities of data.
- Ability to design infographics that make data easy to understand.
- Proficiency with Geographic Information Systems. QGIS, ArcGIS, and CartoDB an assets.
- Prior experience with a humanitarian organization or agency an asset
Education background: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Degree in computer science or any relevant degree which includes training in databse development and data analysis.
languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: 6 months
Level: Non-manager. H
Salary range: 1,026-1,156 USD
Location: Gadaref State
Expected Start date: As soon as possible
Note: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply:
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note.
Applications Closing Date: 27/11/2023