Support Services Team Leader (Kadugli) – DRC
|Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
|Kadugli, SOUTH KORDOFAN
DRC is a private, independent, non-profit organization (NGO), devoted, on the basis of humanitarian principles to securing the Protection of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs), and to promoting long-term solutions to the problems of forced displacement. DRC works in the context of conflict-induced displacement of populations and in return and reintegration situations
About the job
The purpose of the Support Services Team Leader is to coordinate the support functions at Area Office and off-load the Area Manager on support functions. The responsibilities will encompass all the support activities of DRC South Kordofan office. This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations
Overall purpose of the role:
- Line management of support staff such as Finance, HR & Admin, and Supply Chain/Logistics/ICT
- Member of the Area Management Team
- Compliance with and adherence to DRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
- Provide input on operational support to the Area Plan of Action, and coordinate and align operational support with program plans at the Area level
- Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation
- Facilitate, Area Support Budget, including support cost, under the supervision of the AM; Ensure effective budgetary control, and adherence to DRC and donor policies and procedures
- Responsible for developing regular reports on the Area level to the Country Office and AM
- Responsible for implementation of new country-specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools in the Area (HR, Logistic/ICT and Finance)
- Facilitate training for programme staff on finance, logistics and HR procedures
- Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff (HR, Logistic/ICT and Finance)
- Ensure close coordination and maintaining excellent working relationships with local authorities and relevant stakeholders.
Support in ensuring safety and security of DRC staff, premises and assets in the operational areas.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever the context changes significantly.
- Advice and support Project Managers and Support Staff in the implementation of support-related SOPs.
- Ensure strong coordination with County Office support departments and act as the focal point for coordination of support departments between the Country Office and the Area Office.
- Contribute to strengthening the Area level implementation through the dissemination and monitoring of relevant SOPs and procedures.
- Oversee implementation of identified risk mitigation measures, including compliance spot checks in line with anti-corruption risk mapping
- Under the country office and AM’s guidance, ensure compliance with Securing Supporting Documentation (SSD) SOP as well as the existing Country office Data Management System.
- Responsible for support resource allocation on the area level in line with the Master Budget and available donor budgets.
- Ensure that thorough and effective budgetary control is in place, and ensure accountability and donor compliance in all financial documentation
- In line with guidelines and under the supervision of AM, coordinate and align operational support with program plans at the Area level, ensuring procurement plans, HR plans, and spending plans for each project are in place and in due time.
- Oversee HR procedures based on the global people policy, including recruitment, development, performance, contracts, well-being and people planning
- At the direction of the Area Manager and the Head of Support, participate in the investigation of allegations of suspected fraud or misconduct and produce required reports.
- Act as DRC Code of Conduct focal point, including training and implementation
- Hold/lead weekly coordination meetings for staff, recording minutes and action points
Minimum Qualification, Skills, and Experience Required:
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience at a management level
- Sound knowledge of cost planning, budgeting, and financial reporting
- Experience in management of HR and administrative teams
- Good knowledge of procurement procedures of INGOs
- Experience working with DRC’s main donors (UN Agencies, ECHO, SIDA, BHA, etc.)
- Full professional proficiency in English
Education background: (include certificates, licenses, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Computer skills (including MS Office package)
languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic
- Good command in written and spoken English.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length:8 months
Salary range: 1,836-2,728 USD
Location: South Kordofan State
Expected Start date: As soon as possible
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note.
Applications Closing Date: 25/11/2023