Accounting Assistant – European Union
|Section:||Finance, Contracts and Audit Section|
|Starting Date:||As soon as possible|
|Job title:||Accounting Assistant|
1) Overall purpose
Carry out all financial transactions under the supervision of the Head of the Finance, Contracts, and Audit Section.
2) Functions and duties
- Financial initiation of transactions such as commitments, de-commitments, payments and recovery orders.
- Verification of financial transactions with regard to community rules following principles of good financial and budgetary management.
- Follow-up and processing of Calls for Proposals and Calls for tenders according to Community rules following principles of good financial and budgetary management,
- Verification of legal and contractual aspects of contracts and grants.
- Closure of files, de-commitment of remaining credits, filing and archiving.
3) Job Requirements
a) Formal education
- Formal education of Higher Education, related to the field which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three (3) years’ duration attested by relevant university diploma.
b) Professional experience
Minimum two (2) years of prior professional experience as an accountant.
Prior working experience in a European Institution/International organization would be an asset.
4) Competencies and skills
- Excellent command of English, in both oral and written communication (C2 of the CEFR(link is external))
- Excellent command of Arabic (C2)
- Knowledge of another EU language(s) would be an asset.
- Excellent drafting and analytical skills.
- Capacity to communicate clearly, present and analyse complex matters, and judge the impact of positions taken.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with a wide range of partners.
- Ability to coordinate, listen, consult and share information and ideas.
- Team spirit
- Ability to identify and analyse key points in verbal and numerical information.
- Capacity to analyse, synthesise and present information against tight deadlines.
- Capacity to prioritise and to deliver high-quality output under time pressure.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of computer tools including MS Office. Knowledge of SAP products would be an asset.
5) Personal qualities
- High degree of responsibility, integrity and discretion
- Flexibility, initiative, capacity to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new requests
- Committed to quality and accuracy in performing technical and procedural duties
- Capacity to follow rules and procedures.
6) Legal requirements
- Sudanese nationality. If the applicant does not have Sudanese nationality, she/he must be resident in Sudan and/or have a working permit in Sudan.
7) How to apply
Application in English should include a detailed CV (preferably EU format- see https://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/sudan_en) with three professional references, without copies of degrees and employment certificates at this stage and a cover letter describing your motivation, to be sent by e-mail to the following e-mail address: [email protected](link sends e-mail) with the title of e-mail “Application vacant position Accounting Assistant.”
The Deadline for receiving applications is 12.10.2021 at 16:00 local Khartoum Time. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The European Union is an equal opportunities employer and a smoke-free work environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified individuals, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability. All applications will be treated on merit and in strict confidence. Any attempt to influence the process of selection will result in immediate disqualification of the recommended applicant.
About European Union
The European Union is a unique economic and political union between 27 EU countries that together cover much of the continent. The predecessor of the EU was created in the aftermath of the Second World War. … A name change from the European Economic Community (EEC) to the European Union (EU) in 1993 reflected this.
What is the European Union and what is its purpose?
EU policies aim to ensure the free movement of people, goods, services and capital within the internal market; enact legislation in justice and home affairs; and maintain common policies on trade, agriculture, fisheries and regional development.
The EU countries are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden.