Senior National Society Development Officer – IFRC
|Organization||The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)|
|Contract Type||National Staff|
|Duty Station Status||N/A|
NSD Officer will support and contribute to the implementation of the SRCS transitional Plan and inline with National Societies goals of strategy 2030, by maintaining and strengthening IFRC knowledge and systems to facilitate high quality National Society development support.
The Senior NSD Officer, under the guidance of the NSD Delegate, will Sudanese RC in NSD efforts to ensure growth in leadership, management, and related organizational development and sustainability systems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities 1
Based in Khartoum, Sudan with travels within the country the senior NSD Officer will ensuring high quality NSD support will: –
- Maintain good working relationships and ensure timely two – way communication with the colleagues managing National Societies/organisational development and the movement partners operating in Zimbabwe and other NSs within the cluster.
- Work with NSs colleagues and movement partners individually and collectively to ensure a coherent NS development offer in line with the NS development Framework.
- Play advisory role and support from a strategic, representative Coordination and Capacity building of Sudanese Red Crescent Society, volunteers, and the leadership of NSs.
- Be focal point for the revision of the Strategic plan of the NS aligning it with IFRC Strategy 2030.
- Be the focal point for financial sustainability and risk management framework of the National Societies.
- Be the focal point for the Capacity Building Funds (seed grant, CBF, NSIA, etc) from IFRC, liaising with the Country Delegation team.
- Be the Country focal point for Youth & Volunteer management and development in liaison with Cluster and Regional office.
Work with IFRC functional departments to ensure high-quality support to National Societies.
- Maintain good working relationships and ensure timely two-way communication with other Cluster Office colleagues overseeing functional programmatic support to two National Societies.
Support other Movement actors and other interested actors to ensure high-quality NSD support to the
- Maintain good working relationships and ensure timely two-way communication with other Movement actors/partners (ICRC & PNSs in country) overseeing programmatic and functional support.
- Work with these colleagues individually and collectively to ensure a coherent IFRC NS development in line with the 2013 NS development Framework.
Maintain, develop, and share relevant learning related to National Society development
- Maintain up to date personal expertise in at least three specialist areas (legal frameworks, resource mobilization, volunteer management, youth development, sustainability of NSs`, gender and diversity, branch development, governance, and leadership. etc.) of National Society development.
- Support processes to expand and share NSD knowledge through development of research, case studies, training, etc. and identify, document, and validate relevant knowledge and learning and making it available to the NSs and its Movement partners. Collect, document, and validate outcomes and learnings of individual support interventions and aggregate the data and findings to higher levels.
- Collate relevant data through, FDRS and other existing data collection systems and analyse and interpret key patterns and systemic organisational weaknesses, to better focus the secretariat’s support to National Society development.
- Assure quality of new IFRC and other tools, and their alignment with the National Society Development Framework
Job Duties & Responsibilities 2
Contribute to an effective, high-quality global NS development team:
- Be accountable to your team manager by providing progress reports on results against objectives, and risk analysis.
- Be flexible in your work definition according to needs and targets, and work to improve team efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Be a pro-active team member fostering a customer service-oriented culture, critical thinking and continuous improvement, innovation, high performance, and cost effectiveness.
- Foster a supportive and mutually respectful environment with colleagues in the Secretariat, Regions and National Societies.
- Relevant University degree
- 5 years of experience in organisational development/international development/Red Cross movement.
- Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Proven credibility in relation to organisational and leadership development and capacity enhancement, change management, and related aspects
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Self-supporting in computers (word processing, spreadsheets etc.)
- Analytical decision-making capacity
- Able to undertake strategic thinking and translate this into practice
- Able to work with due sensitivity in a multi-cultural environment and virtual or/and dispersed teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to build partnerships and network effectively and to influence and inspire others including the membership, governments, other agencies, and own peers, staff, and partners
- Focused on quality and standards, results, accountability, and Sustainability
- Teamwork and trust-building for inclusive National Society relations
- Proactive and demand-driven approach to finding creative and constructive solutions to difficult issues
- Technical expertise in at least two areas of non-profit management and development, which could include (but not be limited to): Governance
- and leadership development, strategy, membership development, volunteering development, branch development, youth organisation development, financial systems development, volunteer programme design, relationship development, fundraising systems development
- Fluently spoken and written English and Arabic
Competencies and Values
- Good Judgement and Decision Making
- National Society Relations & Capacity to Build Trust
- Teamwork & collaboration
- Creativity and Innovation
About The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is a worldwide humanitarian aid organization that reaches 160 million people each year through its 192-member National Societies.
Headquarters location: Geneva, Switzerland
Founder: Henry Dunant
Founded: May 5, 1919, Paris, France