Finance Assistant – 2 positions (Port Sudan) – IOM
|Organization||International Organization for Migration|
|Position Title||Finance Assistant – 2 positions|
|Duty Station||Port Sudan, Sudan|
|Type of Appointment||Special, Short-term graded contract, 6 months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resources Management Unit and direct supervision of finance officer, with close coordination with other Resources management units in Khartoum, the candidate is responsible for the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Thoroughly verify payment claims via OIPA from staff for suppliers and other service providers, particularly those written in the local language, and ascertain that the equipment, supplies, or services they refer to are duly received or provided before processing the document matching in the OIPA system.
2. Follow up and take care of all hourly staff payments, submitting them through OPIA.
3. Maintain the tracking and monitoring file for all IOM Sudan OIPAs for reference and finance data source.
4. Verify all payments related to the EL Geneina office and the Finance reviewer for the supporting document in the OIPA as a document matcher.
5. Follow up on advances and settlements for payments issued while maintaining timely records and up to date entries.
6. Prepare annual MPRs for the payments of the staff after getting the exceptional approval from TSY for the cases not submitting through OIPA.
7. Record financial transactions in PRISM; perform bank reconciliation and clearance of vendor accounts in a timely manner.
8. To be responsible for office administration, asset inventory management, and logistical arrangements.
9. Maintain files of all IPs instructions/ guidelines issued and refer to them for completion of responsibilities. Ensure compliance with these instructions and guidelines in making the financial verification for IOM IPs.
10. Prepare all the RFPs related to the finance department after receiving the proper support documents.
11. Follow up on the bank transfers /payments to the beneficiaries.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
Four years of relevant professional experience.
Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA),Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in financial or audit management. Experience in Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs/NGOs) is an added advantage.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
• Proven working experience in compliance processes and procedures.
• Experience working with the implementing partners. Experience in IP’s capacity assessment, Budgets and Fraud mechanism control.
• Knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
• Knowledge of ERP system.
For all applicants, fluency in English and Arabic is required (oral and written).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these values:
Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected, and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators – level 1
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: takes ownership of achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
IOM has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals.
Vacancy close at 23:59 local time Khartoum, Sudan on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Resume via email: [email protected], by November 22, 2023, at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Please make sure to complete the Personal History Form (PHF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.