Human Resources Assistant – IOM
|Organization||International Organization for Migration|
|Position Title||Human Resources Assistant|
|Duty Station||Khartoum, Sudan|
|Type of Appointment||Special Short-term graded contract, 6 months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non- governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resources Management Unit and direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer; the successful candidate will be responsible for providing specialized assistance in human resources management and operational support. In Particular, s/he will be responsible for:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in recruitment/separation process of the consultant and prepare monthly payment accordingly.
- Participate in the selection of candidate’s general service category positions, including evaluating and screening applications of such candidates, preparing profiles of candidates, and conducting preliminary interviews, and conducting roster searches for vacancies and identifying short-lists of candidates.
- Assists in the filling of posts for all categories, including initiating and following-up on reference checks and academic verifications, ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities, calculating salaries and related benefits, and preparing and dispatching offers of appointment and Statement of Emoluments;
- Assists in organizing and coordinating competitive recruitment examinations.
- Oversees the maintenance of vacancy announcement files and tracking status of vacancy announcements.
- Assists in the preparation and verification of national staff payroll and related follow up.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Assists in the organization and conducts of training courses and workshops.
- Provides logistics and administrative support to trainers.
- Assists in reviewing and processing requests for classification.
- Conducts exit interviews for separating staff and assists him/her in final arrangements.
- Maintains HR related automated systems and applications including automated databases containing HR related statistics and prepares periodic reports.
- Undertakes research on a range of HR related issues and assists in the preparation of notes/reports.
- Provides general office support services; processes, drafts, edits, proofreads and finalizes for signature/approval a variety of correspondence and other communications; performs budget preparation, input monitoring and implementation in data base, etc.; sets up and maintains files/records (electronic and paper); schedules appointments/meetings, monitors deadlines, etc.
- Prepares written response to queries concerning HR related matters.
- Trains and provides guidance to new staff in the unit.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field; Previous working experience of at least three years on similar responsibilities.
- Experience MS package (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Experience in preparing clear and concise reports.
- Good analytical skills and ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from different cultures and varied professional backgrounds and in stressful conditions.
- English and Arabic is Required.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- IOM has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
- Vacancy close at 23:59 local time Khartoum, Sudan on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Resume via email: [email protected], by September 20, 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 06.09.2021 to 20.09.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
For jobs from International Organization for Migration in Sudan visit: IOM Jobs Page