Programme Assistant(Port Sudan) – IOM
|International Organization for Migration
|Port Sudan, Sudan
|Type of Appointment
|Special Short-term graded contract, six months with
possibility of extension.
|Estimated Start Date
|As soon as possible
|February 04, 2024
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply for this vacancy. For the vacancy, internal candidates are considered first-tier candidates.
Sudan is currently witnessing a conflict that has been ongoing for more than six months. The conflict led to the fleeing of the Sudanese population and migrants to different states as well as neighboring countries
seeking protection and humanitarian services. IOM Sudan suspended its operation in Khartoum and started the operation from and established an IOM office in Port Sudan. IOM is currently providing lifesaving assistance to the vulnerable population of IDPs, migrants, and host communities in different states.
The affected population is facing protection issues as the needs are high and the situation is dire in the gathering sites. IOM on the ground is responding to the increasing needs programmatically as well as administratively.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Protection, and the direct supervision of the National Migration and Development Officer and in close coordination with other members of the Migration management and protection team, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for supporting the administrative tasks supporting the team on day-to-day planning, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of the unit project activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Carry out administrative and logistical arrangements for conducting training workshops and stakeholder meetings in coordination with the institutional and non-governmental counterparts.
- Follow up the administrative actions and logistical tasks such as the purchase orders and related payment requests in coordination with logistics, finance, and other related units in line with IOM rules and regulations for all relevant activities.
- Contribute to the information sharing of the various project-related activities, visibility, and production of other relevant materials.
- Follow up on contractual and administrative procedures with consultants, contractors and Implementing partners, in line with IOM internal procedures.
- Support in the preparation of liquidation reports, the drafting of service agreements, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of project activities, including provision of regular updates to relevant colleagues and counterparts on the implementation of the project,
- Participate in meeting minutes taking, drafting of Note Verbal, and Note for files, and support with translation and interpretation and follow-up on action points.
- Maintain a filing system for all projects for easy access and follow-up by the unit.
- Undertake travel duties as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in management, social studies, or a related field from an accredited
an academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in office administrative tasks and community engagement activities.
- Experience with working with vulnerable migrants and communities.
- Experience and familiarity with protection, providing support to vulnerable migrants and
English and Arabic are Required.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent,, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioral Indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes
responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate about this vacancy notice is subject to funding
- IOM has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals.
- Vacancy closes at 23:59 local time in Khartoum, Sudan on the respective closing
date 04.02.2024. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Resume via email: [email protected], by February 04,2024 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 28.01.2024 to 04.02.2024.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.