Programme Assistant (Health) – IOM
|Organization||International Organization for Migration|
|Position Title||Programme Assistant (Health)|
|Duty Station||Gedaref, Sudan|
|Type of Appointment||Special short-term ungraded, 3 months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of Regional Coordinator (Eastern States and Blue Nile), in close technical coordination with Migration Health Officer (Emergencies), the incumbent shall assist in the planning, implementation and monitoring of health-care services related activities under HRT – especially focusing on delivering emergency and minimum primary healthcare package in Gedaref.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Guide and support the team of field staff to better plan, implementation and reporting of health-related interventions, including a daily supportive supervision to the health activities, human resource management, asset management, drug management and reporting.
- Ensure safety of staff and the project beneficiaries including facilitation of smooth and timely referral for patients with critical condition in close coordination with the health partners.
- Facilitate preparedness and response to emergencies including disease outbreaks, natural and man-made disasters and quality infection prevention and control measures.
- Actively engage in disease surveillance especially notifiable diseases to promote the quality of data collection, review, verify and analyse and report to IOM and MoH/WHO accordingly.
- Ensure all the health-related services are in line with the national guidance and maintain close coordination and communication with IOM, SMoH and other partners.
- Ensure and maintain effective field coordination with the health partners, government authority and community. This includes a regular attendance at the health-related meetings and joint health need assessment as requested.
- Provide necessary information and documentation to TR programme manager and Migration Health Officer (Emergencies) for drawing of the emergency and primary health-care services to be implemented and the preparation of project proposal.
- Perform any other duties that may be required from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health or related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum of five-year professional experience.
- Minimum of two-year experience of health program implementation in humanitarian settings.
- Experience working for health sector partners in Gedaref or Kassala is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- IOM has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
- This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.
- Vacancy close at 23:59 local time Khartoum, Sudan on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Resume via email: [email protected], by October 12, 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 28.09.2021 to 12.10.2021.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
For jobs from International Organization for Migration in Sudan visit: IOM Jobs Page