Medical Doctor (White Nile) – MSF Spain
It has been announced that oral interview will be held for the position of Medical Doctor at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF – Spain) at Al-Manar Private Primary School for Boys.
|Reports to||Medical Activity Manager|
|Location||White Nile Refugee Camps|
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiary’s health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
MSF Section/Context-Specific Accountabilities
- Ensure that you follow the assigned responsibilty according to the roster and where necessary communicate with your line manager
- Ensure active participation in Medical meetings, mortality audit and planned trainings
- Ensure all Snake bite individual data arriving in ER/ward are reported in the snake bite form and submitted to the MAM
- Ensure regular consultation with MAM for the purpose of providing better medical care for the patient
- Close follow up of all critical patients admitted in ER/Observation and wards
- Ensure flexibilty at work place and to be able to respond to any assignment within MSF opperational sites or facilities
- Ensure all notifiable disease are not missed during consultation and are reported immediately to the MAM
|Education||Essential University degree in Medicine.|
Permanent registration from the medical council.
Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine
|Experience||2-year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor in clinical work (can be within medical training).|
Desirable experience in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, obs and gynae, pediatrics, A, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine, or minor surgery.
Experience with MS For other NGOs is an ascent.
|Languages||English is essential, Local language desirable.|
|Knowledge||Essential computer literacy (word, excel)|
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & copy of educational and experience certificates to the Labour office, Kosti, in a sealed envelope mentioning (MSF Spain – application for Medical Doctor).