Mental Health Supervisor (White Nile) – MSF Spain
It has been announced that an oral interview will be held for the position of Nurse Team Supervisor positions for the candidate who is qualified on Wednesday 20/09/2023 in the MSF building.
|Reports to||Mental Health Activity Manager|
|Location||White Nile Refugee Camps|
Participate in the planning, supervision, and coordination of mental health / psycho-social related services in the program in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
- Participate in the planning, organization, and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health activity manager and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
- Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, ICRC, and NGO) on mental health matters, including referral services.
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psychosocial needs.
- Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development, and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning.
- When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve the mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
- Compile the data and statistics linked with MH activities and report to the MH activity manager.
- Offer clinical counseling supervision to mental health counselors in collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager.
- Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential.
MSF Section/Context-Specific Accountabilities
To supervise mental health activities in IDP camps.
- Support counselor educators in organizing their daily activities in PHCs.
- Train counselor educators
- Support counselor educators in referring patients with severe mental health disorders MHAM or MD Focal point.
- Support the MH team in linking mental health patients who have medical needs with MDs in PHCs
- Identify mental health needs in the community and, with the support of the MHAM, design strategies of intervention tailored to the specific groups.
- Collaborate with the health promotion supervisors and the HP team in organizing and delivering mental health awareness messages.
- Set objectives for, and evaluate the performance of, counselor educators.
- Identify gaps, problems, and challenges facing community health educators in their daily activities and propose solutions.
- Ensure that a proper data collection system is in place, and that data collection tools are filled correctly.
- Collect the tally sheets and any other reports from the counselor educators and submit them to the supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Prepare monthly/weekly activity reports and send them to the mental health activity manager.
|Education||Bachelor’s Degree in psychology or / Clinical Psychologist or related field essential.|
|Experience||Psycho-social counseling experience of at least 3 years.|
|Languages||English and Arabic language essential|
|Knowledge||Essential computer literacy (word, excel)|
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to send their CVs & copy of educational and experience certificates to the Labour Office, Kosti, in a sealed envelope mentioning (MSF Spain – application for Mental Health Supervisor).