Project Coordinator Support (Madani) – MSF Belgium
|Reports to||Project Coordinator|
Providing support to the Project Coordinator in the security management and coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relationship with local and national authorities, and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards, and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project
- Representing MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiating on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging. Assisting in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image externally
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities, and military groups, in different administrations/parties and governorates/districts in order to improve understanding and decision making processes. Maintaining the security database and providing a biweekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments
- Assisting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participating in the development of security plans
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leaders, military actors, and security forces) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
- Ensuring the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and filing and updating field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources accuracy and availability on a regular basis. Organizing advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator. • Translating and reviewing documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Assisting the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, military actors, community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Preparing and conducting context, cultural, and security briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration within the project environment. Ensuring regular security briefings/training of the assessment team, drivers, and guards in consultation with the Project Coordinator.
- Being contactable by phone and available to assist the Project Coordinator with important context, security, and operational issues that may occur outside of regular working hours unless otherwise agreed with the PC (e.g., holidays)
- Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the Project Coordinator
|Education||University Diploma Level, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, International Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.)|
|Experience||Essential: Experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security, and humanitarian environment|
Essential: Experience in data collection, reporting, and analysis
Desirable two years of previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
Desirable: Management experience
|Languages||Excellent command of English (at least B2) and Arabic|
|Knowledge||Computer literacy (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook)|
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to send the applications with documents; (Updated CV, Educational certificates, work experience certificates, previous employers’ references, and copy of their national ID) to:
the Labour Office, Wad Madani.
NOTE: Please note that MSF will Only accept applications and CVs submitted in the English language. Only shortlisted candidates will be called.