The shortlisted applicant for the Supply Activity Officer Position
The written test will be on Saturday 16/09/2023 at 10:00 am at Al-Manar Private Primary School, Alandalus Street West Alsayed-Alhasan’s Mosque. (0122403040)
|Reports to||Logistic Team Leader|
|Location||White Nile Kosti|
Performing the day-to-day implementation of supply procedures and ensuring efficient administrative processes for one or more areas of the supply programs (Order Processing, Transport and Customs, Procurement, etc.) at the coordination or project level according to MSF protocols, standards, and procedures in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission
- Performing the day-to-day activities ensuring an efficient running of the administration processes of the supply activities following the supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols. The activities can include one or more of the following areas:
- Order Processing: Performing the day-to-day order processing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level)
- Purchasing: Performing the day-to-day purchasing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level)
- Transport and Customs: Performing the day-to-day procedures and administrative processes for the clearance and transportation of goods in a particular supply office (coordination or project level) ensuring an efficient shipment of goods
- Performing and coordinating administrative procedures related to his/her supply activity(ies), verifying compliance with MSF procedures, standards, and protocols.
- Ensuring that all necessary tools and management procedures are followed to avoid stock ruptures, losses, and excess stocks in the mission.
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity(ies) and as specified in his/her job description.
MSF Section/Context-Specific Accountabilities
- Handling Medical and Non-Medical Order Request (OR) from the projects and capital. Make sure that they are validated by the concerned responsible as per the validation table.
- Send quotation requests to the suppliers. Communicate needs to the suppliers based on MSF standards to ensure proper purchase of medical materials and non-medical supplies.
- Regularly follow up of order/back-order status by communicating with suppliers for delivery dates. In case of delays propose alternative options/solutions to the Supply Manager or Logistics Coordinator.
- Communicates regularly with the field on order follow-up and reports to Supply Manager.
- Get suppliers invoices validated and settled with the finance, by providing a complete and accurate purchase dossier.
- Create transport documents (Pro-forma Invoice, Packing Lists and Freight Manifests or Release Notes).
- Organize proper packaging and labeling of boxes together with the storekeepers.
- Communicate regularly with initial requesters: request well received validation progress, confirmation, ready to ship date, freight advance and monitoring. Inform the requestors in case of modifications and delays about their requests.
- Reports to Supply manager or Logistics Coordinator on a regular basis or when requested and maintains him informed on the evolution of the ongoing activities.
- Updates & records all the information in Database Management (Logistix 7 or any system) and ensures proper Filing.
|Education||Essential bachelor’s degree is required.|
Preferable a bachelor’s degree in business administration, procurement, logistics, supply chain, or any other relevant study.
|Experience||At least 2 years’ experience in supply chain-related jobs or in the logistics department.|
Desirable proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics.
|Languages||Mission language is essential. (English & Arabic).|
|Knowledge||Essential computer literacy (word, excel, and Internet).|
|Competencies||Results and Quality Orientation L1|
Teamwork and Cooperation L1
Behavioural Flexibility L1
Commitment to MSF Principles L1
Service Orientation L1
Stress Management L2
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV & copy of educational and experience certificates to the Labour office, Kosti, in a sealed envelope mentioning (MSF Spain – application for SUPPLY ACTIVITY OFFICER)