Camp Management Team Leader (Geneina) – NRC
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||Camp Management|
|Apply Before||07/10/2022, 03:14 PM|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Camp Management Team Leader (National Position) –Advertisement
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The purpose of the Camp Management Team Lead position is to manage the day to day running teams and activities in order to implement Camp Management operations in West Darfur state. As the project expands this may require taking on different areas and different sized teams.
The following is a brief description of the role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Line Management of CM project staff within team (3 staff)
- Implement plan of action for delegated portfolio of Camp Management projects (activities, budget and project documentation)
- Day to day follow of progress in project implementation
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies CM tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents
- Develop weekly work plans and movement schedules for CM mobile teams and ensure that day to day activities are held smoothly.
- Timely reporting of problems and challenges in the sites to the CM coordinator
- Oversee, liaison and coordination with all humanitarian partners and stakeholders working in the sites.
- Liaison and coordination with local authorities’ representatives while in the sites.
- Ensure regular monitoring and reporting of service provision gaps and duplications based on site minimum standards.
- Overview the establishment of community committees / governance mechanisms in the sites, ensuring participation of women, youth, and marginalized groups
- Overview regular meetings take place between CM teams and community, with opportunity for meaningful participation of community members
- Plan and facilitate trainings to community members, humanitarian partners, and other stakeholders on CM topics, with support of CM coordinator and CM Manager
- Ensure workplans are in place, and approve content, for outreach, community mobilization, and information campaign activities of CM teams
- Ensure appropriate communications with communities (CwC) strategy is in place for all sites
- Oversee establishment of Complaints, Feedback and Response Mechanism (CFRM) in each of the sites, and ensure its functional implementation. Ensure weekly reporting on the trends, complaints received and ensure follow ups are taking place in coordination with the Referral Officer.
- Oversee CM mobile teams’ regular collection of information, ensuring accuracy of data and timeliness of internal reporting
- Collaborate with Information Management team on identification of information gaps and design/review of tools
- Compile and review data from the sites, submitting internal and external reports as required, and advocating or raising problems with CM Coordinator and CM PDM
- Experience from working in camp-based humanitarian projects, or of community engagement practices in humanitarian situations
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- University degree in a relevant subject, ideal
- At least 2 years’ experience in a project implementation position in an NGO or UN agency, ideal
- At least 1 years’ experience in a managerial position;
- Excellent communication and external representation skills;
- Excellent capacity to plan, prioritize, and multitask;
- Excellent team-working and team-leadership skills;
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Excellent computer literacy, including MS Office (Word and Excel);
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including Protection, WASH, Shelter, protection, emergency distribution is required
- Experience in CCCM programming is strongly preferred
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Geneina Field Office
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
To apply please visit www.nrc.no careers
Closing date: 10th July 2022