Camp Management Coordinator (Geneina) – NRC
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||Camp Management|
|Apply Before||07/10/2022, 03:11 PM|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Camp Management Coordinator (National Position) –Advertisement
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The following is a brief description of the role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Line management of Camp Management project field staff (up to 14 staff)
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures and awareness of NRC global and regional strategies
- Contribute to Camp Management strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps, considering where appropriate the role of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Camp Management projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from PDM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports to CM PDM
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- 3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in information management, database management, mapping and web development
- Knowledge of different data collection methodologies and proven capacity to analyze statistical information
- Collaborate with CM PDM to develop tools and materials as needed for project implementation (4Ws, Service mapping, surveys, questionnairs, MnE tools etc)
- Lead daily, weekly, and monthly CM team planning and operational coordination (for CM teams in the Field Office), including on Support functions (on budgets and spending, recruitment, administrative liaison, grants reporting, monitoring and evaluation)
- Oversee and manage programme quality of CM team activities in West Darfur, including accountability to and effective engagement with affected people
- Contribute to risk management framework for programming in West Darfur Field Office, and support in implementing risk mitigation measures
- Ensure CM project activities are fully documented for financial, reporting, accountability, learning, and communication purposes.
- Undertake regular field visits to spot check and monitor project progress and performance.
- Conduct regular external coordination with Key Stakeholders (authorities, Sector leads, Community leaders etc).
- Overview of all project management documents (spending plans, budget VS actuals, procurement plans, Workplans, Output and Outcome tracking etc) and ensure documents are updated monthly.
- University degree in a relevant subject, ideal
- At least 3 years’ experience in a project implementation position in an NGO or UN agency
- At least 1 years’ experience in a team leadership or line management position;
- At least 6 months prior experience in CCCM, idealy in Sudan
- Excellent capacity to plan, prioritize and multitask;
- Excellent team-working skills;
- Flexible and adaptable, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Excellent computer literacy, including MS Office (Word and Excel);
- Preferable knowledge in either (or multiple) of the following fields of intervention: WASH, Shelter/infrastructure, protection
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Geneina Field Office
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
To apply please visit www.nrc.no careers
Closing date: 10th July 2022