Camp Management Assistant (El Fashir) – NRC
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||Camp Management|
|Apply Before||07/31/2022, 12:13 PM|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Camp Management Assistant(National Position) –Advertisement
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The purpose of the Camp Management (CM) assistant position is to assist in daily implementation of the CM project in North Darfur, under the guidance of the CM officer, team leader and Coordinator.
The following is a brief description of the role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the CM portfolio according to project work plan
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper collection and filing of documents
- Support data collection of IDP population trough ODK supported systems.
- Conduct regular data collection activities to support assessments and monitoring activities, including on service availability and standards in the sites, site identification exercises etc, and ensure data are submitted in a timely manner.
- Organize regular meetings with community groups and committees, ensuring participation of women, youth, and marginalized groups, taking minutes of meetings and attendance sheets
- Support organization of trainings to community committees, and community members, on topics relevant to Site Management and Coordination
- Conduct Communication with Communities (CwC) in the sites, including regular outreach to the community and information campaigns, supported by daily workers as needed.
- Support community mobilization efforts or information campaigns of community representatives or other humanitarian agencies as needed.
- Implement Complaints and Response Mechanisms (CRM) activities in each of the sites: receive complaints, make referrals, follow up and ensure feedback is received, and ensure good data management.
- Consider gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities.
- Promote participation and representation of women, youth, people with specific needs, and marginalised groups in all CM and partner activities.
- Support vulnerable persons including through referral to protection partners, and support vulnerable persons at specific events (e.g. distributions, registration)
- Identify and inform the CM Officers for Care and Maintenance needs in the sites, and if feasible monitor the implementation of projects that will improve the quality of infrastructure in the sites.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 1 years experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English is an asset
- Preferable experience in a project implementation position in an NGO;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Excellent team-working skills;
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Good written communication skills;
- Good computer literacy, including use of smartphones and MS Office (Word and Excel);
- Good verbal and written English skills are of benefit;
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including Protection, WASH, Shelter, and emergency distribution is of benefit;
- Experience in CCCM or Protection programming is of benefit
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Al Fasher Area Office
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
To apply please visit www.nrc.no careers