Cash and Markets Technical Officer – NRC
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||Cash Transfer Programming|
|Apply Before||06/29/2022, 09:03 AM|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Cash & Markets Technical Officer (National Position) –Advertisement
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
This exciting and dynamic position will serve as a key member of NRC’s growing Cash and Markets (CaM) team. The primary role of the Technical Officer position is to support in the development and implementation of NRC’s cash and voucher distribution programming in order to provide support to vulnerable populations in Sudan. Working with the CaM Programme Development manager, the Technical Officer will support all stages of cash and voucher distribution in various humanitarian settings throughout Sudan. In addition, this role will require coordinating and communicating with humanitarian agencies and government officials. NRC is looking for someone with strong analytical and problem solving skills who is looking to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
The following is a brief description of the role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with Cash and Market strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- Responsible for the implementation of technical activities of CaM project(s)
- Technically support NRC field teams in the Distribution of Cash and Voucher assistance, ensuring that implementing teams are aligning with associated Cash and Voucher Standard Operating Procedures.
- Lead Cash and Voucher Feasibility and Market Assessments in order to prepare for cash and voucher distribution
- Support NRC’s Monitoring and Evaluation Team in conducting baseline assessments, post distribution monitoring, and relevant analytical activities
- Support NRC Monitoring and Evaluation staff with donor reporting regarding relevant cash and voucher distributions
- Support Finance and Programme Teams with the financial reporting and reconciliation processes
- Support the Cash and Market Programme Development Manager in writing program concept notes and proposals focused on cash programming
- Support Area Offices in the recruitment and training of Cash and Voucher distribution staff
- Coordinate with relevant humanitarian and government actors
- Represent NRC Cash and Markets Team in relevant cash working groups, events, and technical discussions
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Cash and Markets expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in Arabic, both written and verbal is required
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal is required
- High Level Proficiency working in Microsoft Products including Excel and Word is required
- Strong Communication Skills, both Verbal and Writing, are required
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Business Administration, or Finance preferred
- At least 3 years working in Finance, Logistics, or the Humanitarian sector is preferred
- Knowledge of the Sudan context, specifically regarding the displacement populations in Sudan and the associated economic environment is preferred
- Previous experience working in cash transfer programming and distribution is preferred
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Khartoum
Travel: 60% (Gadaref, South Kordofan, White Nile, and Darfur)
Contract duration: 12 months (Possible extension)
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
To apply please visit www.nrc.no careers