Driver (Gadarif) – NRC
Driver Sudan Gadarif
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||28/12/2021, 16:05|
|Degree Level||High School Graduate|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Driver (National Position) –Advertisement
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The driver is responsible for safely transporting NRC staff and equipment/materials to approved destinations.
The following is a brief description of the role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Transport NRC staff, visitors, documents and goods/materials to designated destinations when officially approved
- Ensure the safety and security of the passengers, the goods and the vehicle
- Immediately report accidents, breakdowns and needs of repair and general maintenance/service
- Respect the local traffic regulations and the NRC logistical/vehicle policies at all times
- Maintain the logbook for all trips
- Maintain the vehicle in proper operating condition at all times, including keeping the vehicle clean, ensuring enough fuel, checking the technical state etc.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the necessary documents and equipment
- Provide logistical support during trainings and workshops
- Always carry out basic security checks on the vehicles that he/she uses before starting driving and at the end of the day. (Battery water, fuel & oil levels, radiator water, Tire pressure/condition, etc.)
- Ensure the vehicle meets the maintenance schedule and should inform the Logistics Officer of any faults as and they occur.
- Maintain neat & accurate record of all journeys in the vehicle logbook.
- Report immediately any damage or accident to the immediate supervisor/Head of Office /Logistics Manager
- Following the correct procedures in the case of the accident, incident or complaints.
- Ensure that the vehicle is only used for NRC approved purposes.
- Keep and respect NRC driver rule and conduct.
- Responsible for the collection, storage, transport and final delivery of all goods in his/her vehicle.
- Ensure every passenger wears safety belt before start driving the vehicle.
- No mobile phones are to be answered when driving
- The driver should manage his/her time properly and report promptly to work. S/he should also ensure that s/he is adequately rested prior to long journeys
- Drivers requiring prescription glasses must wear these at all times when driving
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Holder of a valid private license
- 2 years and above experience working as a Driver in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Some knowledge of English
- Good command of Arabic language and workable English language.
- Willing to travel to remote areas and to camp in the field, ability to work flexibly including weekends and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live in basic conditions.
- Very good knowledge and application of the country’s as well as organization’s Driving, Road Transport & Traffic regulations
- General Knowledge Mechanical skills and In-depth, general understanding of vehicle and equipment mechanics / electrics.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Good Communications Skills
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gadarif
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
The NRC headquarters is located in Oslo and has about 280 employees. Additionally the organisation has a presence in Brussels, Geneva, Washington, D.C., Berlin, London and Addis Ababa. NRC was established in 1946 under the name “Europahjelpen” (“Aid to Europe”), to assist refugees in Europe after World War II.
For jobs from The Norwegian Refugee Council visit: NRC Jobs Page