Education Assistant (Kosti) – NRC
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||07/31/2022, 01:41 PM|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Education Assistant (National Position) –Advertisement
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The purpose of the Education Assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of Education activities in White Nile State.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines, with strict adherence to the Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding policies
- Assist with the implementation of the Education portfolio
- Prepare and develop status reports and other documents as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote the rights of refugees, IDPs, returnees and the host community in-line with SPERE and INEE Minimum Standards
- Promote and share ideas for project and activity improvement
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need using vulnerability criteria to support learner registration
- Provide daily support to education incentive staff and teachers, and supervise daily workers in line with programme objectives and NRC quality standards
- Support teacher trainings as required by the project objectives
- Ensure direct communication and feedback with beneficiaries and stakeholders at field level, with a focus on community leaders, headmasters/principals, teachers and students
- Lead in mobilization and sensitization of community members
- Assist with capacity building activities for beneficiaries, with a focus on teachers
- Organize, support and participate in Mother’s Groups, PTAs, School Improvement Plans and School-Based Management Committees
- Regularly travel to the field to support education/PSS interventions and classroom/WASH construction activities; monitor and ensure regular needs for supplies are met
- Organize and implement distributions of teaching and learning supplies and materials; maintain records of commodity movements and secure appropriate supporting documents
- Ensure ongoing monitoring and reporting of project outputs/outcomes at field level per the M&E plan and donor requirements
- Ensure complaints and feedback response mechanism is in place at field level
- Ensure schools and learning spaces are safe for children and report all protection concerns immediately.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Experience working in a humanitarian/recovery context preferred
- Experience working in complex and volatiles contexts preferred
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook and Excel required
- Ability to work diligently both independently and in a team setting required
- Willingness to travel regularly to the field in under-resourced settings required
- Fluency in Arabic, both written and verbal required; some English language skills preferred
- Knowledge of the EiE context in Sudan is preferred
- Knowledge of the circumstances, needs and challenges displacement and conflict-affected refugee, host community, returnee and IDP children face preferred
- Experience with EiE and formal basic education in a humanitarian context preferred
- Experience working with children and/or educators preferred
- Experience liaising with and mobilizing local and community stakeholders preferred
- Field level experience with an NGO an asset
- Understanding of SPHERE and INEE Minimum Standards an asset
- Preferred to be from White Nile Area
- Candidates with a university and/or advanced degree preferred; significant experience in the field of Education, PSS or Child Protection considered in lieu
- FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Kosti Field Office
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
To apply please visit www.nrc.no careers