HR and Admin Officer – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in the country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the program. The focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan, and the Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s program in Sudan.
Human Resource & Admin Officer Alfasher Area Office (National Position)
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||Human Resources|
|Apply Before||05/10/2021, 00:39|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Human Resource & Admin Officer Alfasher Area Office (National Position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role and responsibilities
The role of the HR Officer is to support and implement the HR processes and procedures in the field of recruitment, trainings, administration and liaison.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management and ensure proper filing of documents,
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Provides direction, assigns tasks and gives instructions to staff, specifies their individual work plans and evaluates individual team member’s performance.
- Supports assigned staff in their professional development, identifies training needs, supports staff to achieve the objectives defined in their learning development plans and/or Provides advanced technical support and develops capacity-building initiatives to enhance the technical knowledge and professional development of staff.
- Monitors the progress of the team activities and ensures they are implemented conform planning, quality guidelines, budget and (donor) guidelines and/or Monitors on progress and on the quality of the team output.
- Develops with the assigned team, Quarterly activity plans and/or Feeds in the Quarterly team activity plan with technical experience and knowledge.
- Ensures compliance with NRC (global and national) policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines and/or proposes new initiatives to bridge gaps and implements these.
- Identify analyses, evaluate key processes and gaps in the team activities, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Provides qualitative and quantitative analysis over team activities, signals trends and patterns compile one team report.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Organize and participate in interviews by ensuring transparency in the process.
- Ensure the recruitment files are complete and updated with every stage of recruitment both hard copies and on the web recruiter and regret letters are issued, and files archived in a timely manner
- Compile attendance of training matrix and update on a weekly basis.
- Facilitate induction for national staff.
- Ensure that induction for international staff take place on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate trainings as needed; i.e. CV writing skills, code of conduct, etc.
- Promote NRC values and safe working environment same as protection from sexual exploitation/abuse of beneficiaries
- Arrangement of ID cards and business cards
- Managing of translation services of official documents on request
- Management of offices and residences including supervision of staff assigned (cleaners): cleaning, maintenance, opening & closing office, payment of electricity/water bills, ensuring functioning and securing office equipment’s
- Management of lease agreements for all premises (office, residence, warehouse): preparation, renewals, termination, rents, addressing issues with Landlords,
- Arrange accommodation for visitors and staff in residences and hotels, from booking to billing,
- Checks health and safety standards of offices & guest houses (according to MOSS and MORSS) in relation with the Health & Safety Security Officer
- Provision of office and guest houses supplies consumables and non-consumables,
- Manage meeting rooms (occupancy, furniture, equipment)
- Managing of minor maintenance for the Khartoum office including office equipment/furniture as agreed with procurement department.
- Ensure adequate supply of stationery and office supplies; managing of the reception
- Maintaining of the guesthouses, guesthouse equipment and supplies
Our Ideal Candidate:
Bachelor degree in business administration, human resource management or related field with minimum three years’ experience of working as an HR and administration officer in a humanitarian or development context.
Team leadership, inter-personal and inter-cultural skills and documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
Good cultural awareness and sensitivity. Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential and attention to details, problem solving skill, excellent time management skills
Technical management expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
Preferable to be from Alfasher area.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Alfasher with almost 40% travel.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
The NRC headquarters is located in Oslo and has about 280 employees. Additionally the organisation has a presence in Brussels, Geneva, Washington, D.C., Berlin, London and Addis Ababa. NRC was established in 1946 under the name “Europahjelpen” (“Aid to Europe”), to assist refugees in Europe after World War II.
For jobs from The Norwegian Refugee Council visit: NRC Jobs Page