Human Resources & Administration Manager (Khartoum) – NRC
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||Human Resources|
|Apply Before||08/11/2022, 10:59 PM|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Your purpose as HR Manager is to ensure responsibility for the HR system according to NRC standards and to support programme/project implementation.
- Implementation of the Global Standards and initiatives (NRC People Management Systems, Talent Management, L&D initiative, Duty of care, PSEA)
- Leadership and Management of the HR & Administration department for NRC Sudan
- Lead development of and coordinate implementation of the NRC Sudan workforce (and diversity) plan, induction processes, performance management process, professional development and nationalization strategies
- Support establishment of new Area Office operations in NRC Sudan, ensuring high quality HR management, team development, and a performance culture
- Monitor and analyse trends that contribute to strategic HR management for NRC Sudan (including through internal Triannual Reporting, and Key Performance Indicators)
- Support the staff care and welfare
- Anticipate and /or help resolve complex employee relations issues, including Code of Conduct violations, grievances and under-performance
- Oversee all administrative relations and processes with government ministries
Please click this job description for more information on the role
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum three years of experience from working as a senior HR professional (Manager / Adviser) in a humanitarian / recovery context
- Minimum First Level University Degree in Human Resources
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts is an advantage
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
These skills, knowledge and experience will enable you to exceed expectations in your role:
- Knowledge of the context in Sudan (advantageous)
- Knowledge of local languages in Sudan (advantageous)
- Experienced with strategic HR management and HR systems development / quality management
- Experience with medium-scale recruitment and on-boarding processes, and establishing new offices
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC, we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- 18 months fixed term contract
- Mid-management grade 9 in NRC’s grade structure
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.