ICT Assistant (Kosti) – NRC
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||25/09/2023 09:10 AM|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
The following is a brief description of the role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Provide help desk support to all users on IT issues.
- Maintain a good recording system to track all IT equipment, especially laptops and desktops
- Ensure all staff adhere to ICT related guidelines, procedures and standards
- Maintain regular contact with the Support Coordinator in Anbar office for feedback and support on the performance of the network operations to ensure optimum performance.
- Preparation and release of ICT resources to authorized users as approved.
- Diagnosis and resolution of hardware, software or connectivity problems.
- Provide ICT technical support to the field offices to ensure respective network optimum performance.
- Provide support to the office staff upon request in the use of systems and applications.
- Provide hardware and software support to all program equipment, servers, computers, laptops etc.
- Schedule regular computer-related service, maintenance and license renewals
- Maintain protection services (anti-viruses and firewalls) for the entire office setup
- Setup internet connectivity for all staff as well as visitors
- Capacity build staff on current and new ICT systems.
- Performs other duties, as required or as requested by line manager.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- BA in Information Technology or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant level II
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing user support for all typical office ICT specially LAN/WAN/VSAT/Wireless technologies, Cisco Switches & Routers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to keep up to date with modern trends in technology and match this with internal specifics
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Hands on experience in server installations and configurations
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, support and implement technical solutions at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Kosti Area Office.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.