ICT Officer – NRC
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in the country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the program. The focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan, and the Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Officer to be part of establishing NRC’s program in Sudan.
ICT Officer Sudan Darfur
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Job Category||Information Technology and Systems|
|Apply Before||04/11/2021, 12:59|
|Degree Level||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
ICT Officer Alfasher Area Office (National Position)
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role and responsibilities
The ICT Officer is responsible for providing technical ICT support to the area office.
- Implement NRC’s ICT policies and guidelines at area office level
- Ensure system security
- Ensure that network access privileges, applications, data storage and regular backups are configured and maintained
- Implement and update a data disaster recovery plan (back up)
- Schedule computer related services, maintenance and license renewals
- Ensure installation and maintenance of protection services (anti-viruses and firewalls)
- Plan network upgrades, expansions and replacements
- Provide ICT support and trainings to staff
- Participate in the procurement processes of ICT equipment
- Contribute to information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements if required
- Adhere to, and support the implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks, and guidelines
- Visit Al Liri Field Office to provide support for internet setup according to ICT-HO Standards, and submit visit report as per NRC standards highlighting key technical recommendations
- Ensure ICT equipment, hardware, software, and other resources are timely made available and well maintained
- Troubleshoot, diagnose problems, implement corrective action & procedures, monitor, and facilitate repairs
- Monitor, operate, and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level)
- Implement NRC filling system (electronic files) at area level as per defined NRC standards
- Keep track and ensure proper handover, including signatures for all ICT equipment
- Work with Logistics to ensure that ICT equipment is tagged, and any loss/damage is reported as per standards
- Interact with external parties if required (for example contracted service providers for Internet) to ensure NRC is enjoying the required services in an optimum manner
- Ensure anti-corruption, transparency, and cost efficiency principles in all processes
Our Ideal Candidate:
Bachelor degree in computer science, ICT, or related field with minimum three years’ experience of working as an ICT Officer in a humanitarian or development context.
Team leadership, inter-personal and inter-cultural skills and documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
Good cultural awareness and sensitivity. Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential and attention to details, problem solving skill, excellent time management skills
Technical management expertise relevant to the role. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities. Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal.
Preferable to be from Alfasher area.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position, you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people.
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!!!
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Alfasher with almost 40% travel.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
The NRC headquarters is located in Oslo and has about 280 employees. Additionally the organisation has a presence in Brussels, Geneva, Washington, D.C., Berlin, London and Addis Ababa. NRC was established in 1946 under the name “Europahjelpen” (“Aid to Europe”), to assist refugees in Europe after World War II.
For jobs from The Norwegian Refugee Council visit: NRC Jobs Page