Livelihoods and Food Security Assistant (Gadarif) – NRC
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Apply Before||07/31/2022, 09:52 AM|
|Job Schedule||Full time|
Livelihood & Food Security Assistant (National Position) –Advertisement
P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on NRC people (Oracle HR). Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
NRC resumed operations in Sudan in 2020, providing humanitarian assistance, protection, and durable solutions. Our country programme integrates all of NRC’s six core competencies (camp management, education, ICLA, livelihoods, shelter, and WASH), and provides a rapid response capacity (including for the recent refugee emergency in eastern Sudan), and thematic capacities for cash and markets-based approaches, advocacy, digital modes of assistance, and co-leading various technical and strategic coordination platforms.
Role Specific Information
Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines as well as Government rules and regulations
- Technical Supervision of data collection, and documentation of the targeted youths in Um Rakoba Camp and surrounding villages.
- Assist with the implementation of the LFS portfolio according to plan of action.
- Assist in the preparation and development of status reports as required by supervisors.
- Ensure proper filing of documents in both hard and soft copies.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiary sites/units most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement in relation to both the “hard” and “soft” components of LFS programming.
- Actively participate in capacity building trainings, workshops and seminars organized by NRC.
- Assist in developing work plans for the technical aspects of LFS activities.
- Ensure that gender and protection mainstreaming are carried out at the field level.
- Collaborate with teams from other CC’s to ensure that project beneficiaries are provided with the full packages of services available through NRC’s programming according to the beneficiaries specific and self-identified needs.
- Conduct needs assessments, focus group discussions, community meetings, and other community mobilization activities
- In collaboration with other team members, conduct door to door visits to potential beneficiary household sites and correctly fill project related technical/social forms and questionnaires.
- Explain the project methodology, beneficiary selection criteria, scope of works, to the beneficiary
- Supervise and monitor data collection in the field, works carried out directly by the staff and/or by Daily/Incentive labor
- Respond to any project beneficiary information requests and complaints regarding social aspects of implementation directed by Project Officer/Coordinator and M&E unit
- Report on performance and social aspects daily activities of Incentive labor and complete documentation regarding technical performance
- Participate in field level coordination with community stakeholders in areas of project implementation as directed by LFS Officer/Coordinator
- Conduct household level M&E activities specifically related to the social aspects of project implementation, including baseline/endline surveys, registration of beneficiaries, etc.
- Participate in the preparation and distribution of MoUs, agreements, hand over documents for beneficiaries and authorities.
- Perform any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Project Officer and/or the Project Coordinator.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Experience working as a Project assistant/data collector during awareness campaigns in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic & English.
- Bachelors in Agriculture, Economics, or relevant field. With a minimum of 2 years of work experience.
- Experience in working in humanitarian projects with an NGO, charity or similar organization is an added value
- Basic knowledge in developing and following through on implementation of humanitarian projects.
- Experience in overseeing data collection, community mobilization activities and awareness campaign.
- Proven experience in performing assigned tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- Basic experience in coordinating the social aspects of implementation activities carried out by Daily/Incentive labor teams.
- Local knowledge of areas of implementation.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Basic computer skills, especially in Word and Excel.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Gadarif Area Office
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
To apply please visit www.nrc.no careers