Logistics Assistant (Gadarif) – NRC
|Organization||The Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Position:||ICLA Project Manager|
|Closing date||05/02/2023, 10:59 PM|
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation – Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan, Gadarif and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring a Logistics Assistant to be part of establishing NRC’s programme in Sudan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, and donor requirements
- Assist with the implementation of the procurement function’s portfolio according to procurement monthly work plans and work and development plan.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by line manager
- Develop, prepare, share, process and archive all procurement documentation as per the procurement policies in place in the country, and as per the logistics handbook procurement section.
- Communicate and arrange meetings with suppliers as requested by the line manager
- Communicate with requesters and field procurement staff in order to provide feedbacks regarding progress of the procurement process and to coordinate transportation and delivery of goods or services.
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents, including scanning in NRC filling tree.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the procurement function
- Perform other duties, as assigned by Line Manager
- Participate to market analysis (survey) and constantly look for new suppliers / sources.
- Maintain supplier’s database.
- Prepare RfQ and share them with relevant suppliers.
- Participate to tender process at various stages.
- Gather quotations and prepare analysis documents.
- Prepare Purchase orders and ensure full validation of the documents.
- Liaise with field logistics and programme staff to ensure timely delivery of procured goods and services
- Ensure paper and electronic records are maintained in a systematic manner in line with NRC’s standard procurement procedures, providing a clear auditable trail
- Establish and maintain good professional working relationships with suppliers and contractors whilst strictly adhering to NRC’s anti-corruption guidelines and NRC’s code of conduct
- Any other tasks as assigned by Line Manager
A minimum of 1 year procurement or logistics experience in a busy work environment
Good understanding of supply management
Ability to handle information of a sensitive/confidential nature
A high degree of competence in planning; management of resources; communication; and management of self
High level of English, both written and spoken and fluency in Arabic
Familiarity with the local Sudanese market
Ability to independently analyse data
Ability to deliver under pressure
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Strong organizational and team working skills
Highly approachable and trustworthy
We can Offer
Duty Station: Gadarif, Sudan
Contract Period: 12 months, with possible extension
Salary/Benefits: NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and employees to check they have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Females are highly encouraged to apply